This tutorial will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy F42 5G SM-E426B using the Magisk app. However before proceeding to the tutorial let me give you a brief intro to Galaxy F42 5G features and specifications first.
A brief intro to Galaxy F42 5G specs
First of all the F42 holds the latest 5G technology support. So when it comes to data speed it is a pioneer in that when compared to similarly priced phones. Further it has a 6.6 inches TFT touchscreen display, MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G chipset, 128GB storage and massive 8GB of RAM, it also has a triple camera assembly with 64MP main camera and much more.
However we are not going any further to detail the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G complete specs here, but we are directly going to rooting steps using the Magisk app for this phone.
Please note that this method is compatible only for Galaxy F42 5G SM-E426B.
Before proceeding any further please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone to prepare for worst case scenario. Also keep in mind that rooting will void your warranty and samsungsfour.com will not be liable for any loss of data nor bricking of the device.
Steps to root Galaxy F42 5G using Magisk app
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone go to Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer“.
Once done you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” main menu called “Developer Options” as shown below in the screenshot.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
For that first switch off your phone and connect it to the PC using a USB cable and press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together until you see the bootloader screen as show below.
Next please long press Volume Up key to enter “Device unlock mode.”
For that you may also try the below tutorial which will help you to enable the same.
- How To Enable USB Debugging And OEM Unlocking On Samsung’s Galaxy One UI?
- How To Unlock Bootloader On All Galaxy Android Smartphones? (Latest Updated Method)
2. Now download the “Magisk App” from the below link.
After downloading please install it. Kindly make sure to allow installations from “Unknown Sources” from the “Settings”->”Security” before trying to install apps from outside of Play Store.
3. Now download the same firmware version which is currently present on your phone to your computer. To know the “AP”, “CP”, “CSC” version of your phone try the code “*#1234#” into your phone’s dialing keypad.
Please use the below links to download the firmwares for your Samsung Galaxy F42 5G
Once downloaded please extract the file and you will get similar files like shown below.
4. Now check for a file with “AP” in the starting as shown in the above image. Now copy that file alone to your phones “Internal Storage“.
5. Once done open the “Magisk” app and tap on the “Install button” near to “Magisk“. Please check the below screenshot for reference.
6. When you get the below page tap on “Next“.
7. Now you will get the below page, there you need to tap on “Select and Patch a File” and select the “AP” file you have already copied to your Galaxy F42 5G’s internal storage. Now this file will be patched and will be named as “magisk_patched.tar“. It will be found in the “Downloads” folder. Copy that file back to your computer desktop.
8. Once done please switch off your phone and enter it into the “Download Mode”. First you need to connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. To enter into the download mode first you need to enter into the “Recovery Mode” for that press and hold the “Vol Up” + “Power” buttons at the same time and release the “Power” button when you see your phone model number on the screen. Now you will be entered into the “Recovery Mode”.
The above image shows the “Recovery Mode” menu. Here select the “Reboot to bootloader” option and confirm the action to enter into the “Download Mode”. Please use “Vol Up” and “Vol Down” buttons to toggle through the options and “Power” button to confirm a selection.
9. Now download the latest Odin app from the below link.
Once downloaded please open the “Odin.exe” file and tap on the the “AP” button and select the patched file (“magisk_patched.tar“) which was copied from your phone back to your computer. Also please click “BL”, “CP” and “CSC” buttons on the Odin and select appropriate files. Please ignore “UMS/Home CSC“.
Now go to Odin’s “Options” tab and uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click the “Start” button in the Odin to start the flashing process.
Once flashing is finished enter your phone into “Recovery Mode” again and perform a “wipe data/factory reset”. And reboot your phone. When booted up your phone will be rooted with super user privileges.
Once all the above steps are successfully completed, you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy F42 5G using the Magisk app.
Other F42 5G tutorials
Before finishing with this tutorial please let me list out some other Galaxy F42 5G related tutorials which may interest you;
- How To Take A Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy F42 5G?
- All Secret Codes Of Samsung Galaxy F42 5G (Hidden Menu)
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy F42 5G SM-E426B using Magisk?
- How to get root access on my Samsung Galaxy F42 5G?
If you have faced any issues while trying to root your Galaxy F42 5G, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy F42 5G? (SM-E426B)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.