Hi friends, in this tutorial we will be guiding you through the complete steps to install the latest official Android 12 OTA firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus & Galaxy S22 Ultra using the Odin app.
Please note that the below models are only compatible with this tutorial.
- Samsung Galaxy S22 5G: SM-S901B, SM-S901U, SM-S901U1, SM-S901W, SM-S901N, SM-S9010, SM-S901E
- Galaxy S22 Plus 5G: SM-S906B, SM-S906U, SM-S906U1, SM-S906W, SM-S906N, SM-S9060, SM-S906E
- Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G: SM-S908B, SM-S908U, SM-S908U1, SM-S908W, SM-S908N, SM-S9080, SM-S908E
A preface to Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra Specifications
As usual the flagship Android Smartphone from Samsung comes in three different base models, the original Galaxy S22 5G, Galaxy S22+ 5G and the Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G has the biggest screen along wit 1TB of massive storage and 12GB RAM.
The Galaxy S22 5G has Exynos 2200 chipset for Europe & Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 for ROW. The S22 5G & S22+ 5G has 50 MP wide camera while the Ultra edition has 108 MP sensor. The Ultra 5G has the biggest battery capacity of 5000mAH while the original one has only 3700mAh.
- Galaxy S22 5G: Phantom Black, White, Pink Gold, Green, Graphite, Sky Blue, Violet, Cream
- S22 Plus 5G: Phantom Black, White, Pink Gold, Green, Graphite, Sky Blue, Violet, Cream
- Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G: Phantom Black, White, Burgundy, Green, Graphite, Red, Sky Blue for .
Now lets proceed to flashing the latest Android 12 on the Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra.
Prerequisites to install Android 12 On Galaxy S22
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone contents so that you can recover from a worst case scenario.
Steps to install Android 12 on Galaxy S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra.
Enabling Developer Options to install Android 12 on S22, S22+ or S22 Ultra
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.5, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Enabling OEM Unlocking
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Please download the Android 12 firmware corresponding to your phone using the below links;
- Download Android 12 Firmware For Galaxy S22 5G: SM-S901B, SM-S901U, SM-S901U1, SM-S901W, SM-S901N, SM-S9010, SM-S901E
- Android 12 Firmware For Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus 5G: SM-S906B, SM-S906U, SM-S906U1, SM-S906W, SM-S906N, SM-S9060, SM-S906E
- Download Android 12 Firmware For Galaxy Ultra 5G: SM-S908B, SM-S908U, SM-S908U1, SM-S908W, SM-S908N, SM-S9080, SM-S908E
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extract the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra into the “Download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra device. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the screen press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the warning message on your phone screen release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” key to enter into the “Download mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks similar to the screenshot below;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you download and install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
Flashing the firmware
7. Once everything is done as mentioned above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the manually download and installation process to get completed. Finally when the process is finished your Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app with a green background.
That’s all, hope you have successfully flashed the official OTA Android 12 firmware on your Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra.
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Android 12 on Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Stock Android 12 On Galaxy S22, S22+ & S22 Ultra?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.