You may all know that to root a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge you need an unlocked bootloader, but do you have an unlocked one? That’s the question. No, right! So you have to manually unlock it, but a very hard procedure to find though. Don’t worry because we already got an effective solution to unlock the Bootloader and to root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
Brief introduction to unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
Please note that this method is compatible only on Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V (Verizon) and Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V (Verizon) running on Android Marshmallow (6.0, 6.0.1) and Android Nougat (7.0, 7.1).
Before proceeding with any of the steps please make sure that you have done a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts and multimedia files. Also don’t forget to charge the battery at least to 80% of it’s full capacity.
So now if everything is ready lets start the bootloader unlocking first.
Steps to unlock Verizon Galaxy S7 SM-G930V and S7 Edge SM-G935V bootloader
1. As in every tutorial lets start with the file downloading.
- Galaxy S7 G930 Engineering Bootloader For Marshmallow
- Galaxy S7 EDGE G935 Engineering Bootloader For Marshmallow
- Galaxy S7 G930 Engineering Bootloader For Nougat
- Galaxy S7 EDGE G935 Engineering Bootloader For Nougat
- Download Odin
Please extract the Odin zip file after downloading.
2. Now you need to enable USB debugging and OEM Unlock on your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, for that please go to “Settings-> Developer options”and enable the “USB debugging” from the “Developer options” menu. If there is no developer options under the “Settings” menu please tap on the “build number” 7 times under “About device“.
The detailed steps to enable USB debugging is explained for Marshmallow firmware below, the procedure is almost same on Nougat.
In the next step please enable the OEM Unlock. For that remain in “Developer Options” and look for the below menu.
Here tap on “OEM unlocking” and you will get a popup warning as shown below, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
Once given a check mark it will look like in the screenshot below.
Alternately you can try the below tutorial also.
Don’t worry if you are not able to see “OEM Unlocking” in the developer options, just ignore that step and proceed.
3. Now switch off your phone and you need to enter it into download mode. For that press and hold the “Power”+”Home”+”Vol Down” buttons until you get a warning screen. Then press “Vol Up” button to enter into “Download Mode“.
You may also try the detailed tutorial given below for entering into download mode.
4. Once in download mode please open the “Odin PrinceComsy.exe” file from the extracted contents and connect your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge using a USB data cable to your computer. If the connection was successful you will get an added message, if not please install the Samsung USB drivers for your phone and try the procedure again.
5. Now click “AP” button on Odin and select the “Samsung_G930x_QC_Rooted_BOOT .TAR” or “Samsung_G935x_QC_Rooted_BOOT .TAR” (according to your phone model ie, s7 or s7 edge).
Once done click “Start” and wait for the procedure to get finished. When the process is completed you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin and your S7/S7 Edge will restart.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge bootloader is unlocked, so it’s time to proceed with the rooting.
We have a number of root tutorials for your phone, for different firmware versions. Please select the appropriate one and proceed with root.
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S7 On Nougat 7.0 Using CF-Auto-Root? (All Models)
- How To Root Galaxy S7 Edge On Nougat 7.0 Using CF-Auto-Root? (All Models)
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930V?
- How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935V?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don’t worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while unlocking your Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge bootloader and rooting, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How to Unlock Bootloader and Root Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.