This tutorial will help you to install Stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy A22 and Galaxy A22 5G.
Two new marvelous entries to the Galaxy A series, A22 and the A22 5G. Both of them comes with amazing specs that makes them stand out from the crowd.
A brief intro to Galaxy A22 specifications
The Galaxy A22 comes with a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen display having Android 11 and One UI Core 3.1 on top of it. It also has 128GB storage and 6GB of RAM. The inbuilt quad camera system has a 48MP main camera. When it comes to the colour options it has Black, White, Mint and Violet colours to choose from.
On the other hand the Galaxy A22 5G has a slightly bigger 6.6 inches display but inferior TFT technology. It also has 128GB of storage and 8GB of RAM. When it comes to the Camera section it has an inferior triple camera system when compared to the quad camera on the original A22. You can choose from Gray, White, Mint, Violet colour variants.
Now lets proceed to our actual agenda today which is installing the Stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy A22 & A22 5G.
Further, if you are here you maybe looking for;
- How to manually download and install official Stock ROM, Android 11 On Samsung Galaxy A22 & Galaxy A22 5G?
- How to manually download and install official Stock ROM, Android 12 On Samsung Galaxy A22 & Galaxy A22 5G?
So lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone storage so that you can recover from a worst case scenario. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable under any circumstance for loss of data or bricking your device. Please proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Install Official Android 11 On Galaxy A22 & A22 5G
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your Galaxy A22 & A22 5G Smartphone.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone go to Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer“. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.0, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
You may also check this video if you have any doubt about the above process.
In some cases after “OEM unlocking” is enabled you may need to unlock the “Bootloader” also. Please try the below tutorial if you get a failed message in Odin;
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app from the below links.
Please download the files corresponds to your device from the below links;
- Download Stock Rom For Samsung Galaxy A22: SM-A225F
- Download Stock Rom For Samsung Galaxy A22 5G: SM-A226B
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files from the 3rd party website. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier, if so please unlock it first before proceeding with the firmware installation.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link or download the latest version of Odin;
When the download has finished please extract the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy A22 & A22 5G Smartphone into the “download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy A22 & A22 5G device. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the screen press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the above warning message on your phone screen press “Vol Up” button to enter into the “Download Mode“. You may also try the below video tutorial if you have any confusion which uses a different method. The demo phone used here is M30s. Please watch the video here.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks like the below screenshot;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware select the file which starts with “CSC” file for the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are the only ones checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
If you don’t want the previous data on your phone please skip the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as said above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the flashing process to get finished. Finally when it’s done your phone will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app which confirms successful firmware installation.
However, if you got any Odin error while installing the firmware please try the below tutorial to which may solve the problem.
However if you have faced any issues which needs any support while trying to install Stock ROM, Android 11 on Galaxy A22 & A22 5G , please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy A22 & A22 5G?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.