This tutorial will help you to install Android 11 on your Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20 Ultra & Galaxy S20 5G.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 which comes in numbers has a truck load of features that is very hard to list out. However let me list a few like the 6.9 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X touchscreen display with Gorilla Glass 6 protection on Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, 512GB storage & 12GB RAM of Galaxy S20+ 5G, 64 MP tripple camera of the original Galaxy S20 which makes it feature packed.
Lets stop here and go directly to our objective of this tutorial today, which is installing the latest Android 11 on this phone.
The compatible models are Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981B, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981N, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981U, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981U1, Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981W, Samsung Galaxy S20+ SM-G985F, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986B, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986N, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986U, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986U1, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986W, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988B, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988N, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988U, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988U1 and Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988W.
If you are here you may be looking for;
- How to manually download and install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy S20 SM-G980F?
- Manually download and install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy S20 5G SM-G981B, SM-G981N, SM-G981U, SM-G981U1, SM-G981W
- How to manually download and install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy S20+ SM-G985F?
- Manually download and install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G SM-G986B, SM-G986N,SM-G986NU, SM-G986U1 & SM-G986W?
- How to manually download and install Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra SM-G988B, SM-G988N, SM-G988U, SM-G988U1 & SM-G988W?
Lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory so that you can recover from a worst case scenario.
Steps To manually download and install Android 11 On Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra & S20 5G Using Odin
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your S20.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.5, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Please download the files corresponding to your phone from the below links;
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 Android 11 Firmware: SM-G980F
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20+ Android 11 Firmware: SM-G986B, SM-G986N, SM-G986U, SM-G986U1, SM-G986W
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Android 11 Firmware: SM-G988B, SM-G988N, SM-G988U, SM-G988U1, SM-G988W
- Download Samsung Galaxy S20 5G Android 11 Firmware: SM-G981B, SM-G981N, SM-G981U, SM-G981U1, SM-G981W
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extrat the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G into the “Download mode”.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S20 device. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the scren press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the warning message on your phone screen release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” key to enter into the “Download mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks similar to the screenshot below;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you download and install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as mentioned above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the manually download and installation process to get completed. Finally when the process is finished your Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app with a green background.
That’s all, you have successfully downloaded and installed the Android 11 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra or S20 5G.
If “How To Install Android 11 On Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra & S20 5G?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.