Table Of Contents
- A brief intro to Galaxy S10 series
- Compatible models
- Steps To Install Official Android 12 On S10
- Entering Developer options
- Entering Download mode
- Adding firmware files
- Flashing the firmware files
A brief intro to Samsung Galaxy S10 series Smartphones
The Samsung Galaxy S10 series holds the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection except Galaxy S10e and Galaxy S10 Lite which comes with Gorilla Glass 5 and Gorilla Glass 3 respectively. While the Galaxy S10 5G has quad camera the original Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10 Lite bears triple camera along with Galaxy S10e which has only a dual camera. Further, all of them have under display finger print sensor except the Galaxy S10e which has a side mounted sensor. I am not going any further with the specs because our main objective will get deviated.
So lets proceed with the firmware installation steps.
This tutorial is compatible on all Samsung Galaxy S10 series Smartphones like Galaxy S10 SM-G973F, Galaxy S10 SM-G973U, Galaxy S10 SM-G973W, Galaxy S10 SM-G9730, Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977B, Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977U, Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977N, Galaxy S10 5G SM-G9770,Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F, Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U, Galaxy S10+ SM-G975W, Galaxy S10e SM-G970F, Galaxy S10e SM-G970U, Galaxy S10e SM-G970W and Galaxy S10 Lite SM-G770F.
Now lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory so that you can recover from a worst case scenerio.
Steps To manually download and install Android 12 On Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 5G, S10+, S10e & S10 Lite Using Odin
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your S10.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.5, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Kindly note that the download links will be updated in the order the firmware is available for download for a particular model. As of now all the models doesn’t have Android 12 OTA available.
Please download the files corresponding to your phone from the below links;
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 12 Firmware: SM-G973F, SM-G973U, SM-G973U1, SM-G973W, SM-G9730
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Android 12 Firmware: SM-G977B, SM-G977U, SM-G977N
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10+ Android 12 Firmware: SM-G975F, SM-G975U, SM-G975U1, SM-G975W
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10e Android 12 Firmware: SM-G970F, SM-G970U, SM-G970U1, SM-G970W
- Download Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite Android 12 Firmware: SM-G770F, SM-G770U1
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extrat the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy S10, S10 5G, S10+, S10e & S10 Lite into the “Download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S10 device. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the scren press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the warning message on your phone screen release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” key to enter into the “Download mode“.
You may also try the below tutorial;
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks similar to the screenshot below;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you download and install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the manually download and installation process to get completed. Finally when the process is finished your Galaxy S10, S10 5G, S10+, S10e or S10 Lite will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app with a green background.
All done, you have successfully downloaded and installed the Android 12 firmware on your S10, S10 5G, S10+, S10e & S10 Lite using Odin.
If you have faced any issues while trying to download and install Android 12 on Galaxy S10, S10 5G, S10+, S10e & S10 Lite, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Android 12 On Galaxy S10, S10+, S10e & S10 Lite?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.