Hi guys, this tutorial will help you to root your favourite Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P for Sprint running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware. The Galaxy S5 Sport is an exclusive Smartphone for the Sprint mobile from the Korean mobile phone giant. Lets check what happens if we root this monster.
But, please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with the procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P for Sprint running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware
1. First please download the files for rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P from the below given link;
2. Once downloaded please extract it, you can check the below screenshot for confirming the file contents;
3. Now enable “USB debugging mode” on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can also try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your S5 Sport.
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Galaxy S5 Sport into “Download Mode“, to enter switch off your device and press and hold “Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below in the screen print.
Now please click “Volume Up” button to confirm and you will enter into the “Download Mode“. The below screenshot shows you the final download mode screen.
4. Now open Odin as administrator and connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P with your PC using the USB data cable. An “Added” message from the Odin confirms a successful connection with the PC. Now click the “PDA” button in the Odin and select the extracted “.tar.md5” file from your PC desktop.
Please make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click the “Start” button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get finished. When it’s completed your device will restart and it will attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm whether the procedure was successful or not from the “Pass” message shown in the Odin.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P for Sprint running Android KitKat 4.4.2, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport SM-G860P On KitKat 4.4.2? (For Sprint)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.