Today I am going to explain about a detailed tutorial on rooting your favourite Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F and SM-G800H running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware.
As you all know this younger brother of the mighty flagship is holding a 4.5 inch Super AMOLED screen, 8MP camera, Quad Core processor and 1.5GB of RAM.
Please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with the any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a backup of all your phone data including contacts, photos etc.. Also make sure that your Galaxy S5 Mini is charged to 80% of it's battery power. Once you are good with this then you can initiate the rooting steps.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F and SM-G800H running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware
1. Please download the necessary files from the below given link;
a. CF-Auto Root for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F
b. CF-Auto Root for Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800H
2. Once downloaded extract the files to see something like given in the screen print below;
3. Now enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F or SM-G800H from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the below tutorial for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Samsung Android 4.3 Phone (or up)?
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F / SM-G800H into "Download Mode", to enter switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will enter into the "Download Mode". Kindly check the below screen shot to confirm.
4. Now open Odin as admin and connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F / SM-G800H with your PC using the USB cable. Once connected you will get "Added" message from the Odin. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file from your PC desktop.
Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only checked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click "Start" button in Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed. When it's finished your device will restart to attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm the root success by the "Pass" message from the Odin….That's it guys…You are good to go!
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F / SM-G800H running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware , please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini SM-G800F and SM-G800H?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.