Hi guys, this tutorial is for our cricket friend. Confused? This detailed tutorial will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C (also called Samsung Altius) running on KitKat 4.4.2 for Cricket.
Please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C for Cricket running on KitKat 4.4.2
1. Please download the necessary files for rooting Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C for Cricket from the below given link;
2. Now extract the downloaded files and you will something like given below;
3. Now enable "USB debugging mode" on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C for Cricket from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C into "Download Mode", to enter switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will enter into the "Download Mode". Kindly check the below screen shot to confirm.
4. Now open Odin as admin and connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C for Cricket with your PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file on your PC desktop.
Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click "Start" button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get finished. When it's completed your the s4 will restart to attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm the root from the "Pass" message in the Odin….That's it friends congratulations!…..You have done it…
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C for Cricket running on KitKat 4.4.2 firmware , please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE SCH-R970C on KitKat 4.4.2?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.