Here comes yet another mighty tablet from Samsung the Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100. This comes with 8 inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM and Quad Core processor. I am not going to tell about all features of this phone because that is not our objective here, our's is how to root this monster.
So this tutorial will help you to root your mighty Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware. This tutorial is written in simple English, so simple that even your 5th grader can understand it.
Before proceeding further make sure that you have made a backup of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 including contacts, photos, personal files (in short what ever it is on the phone memory). Also make sure that your device is at least charged to 80% of battery power.
Steps to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware
1. Download the necessary files from the below given link to your PC desktop and extract it.
a. Download CF-Auto-Root package with Odin
Once extracted you will find files like given in the screen shot below;
2. Now enable USB debugging mode on your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging.
Try this tutorial for detailed explanation: How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (KitKat 4.4.2 or Higher)?
3. Once it is done you have to enter your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 into "Download Mode", to enter switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will enter into the "Download Mode". Kindly check the below screen shot to confirm.
4. Now open Odin as admin and connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 with your PC using the USB cable. Once connected you will get "Added" message from the Odin. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file from your PC desktop.
Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked in the Odin window.
5. Once confirmed click "Start" button in Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed. When it's finished the Note 8.0 will restart to gain superuser privileges.
A "Pass" message from the Odin will confirm the successful completion of the whole rooting procedure….That's it guys…You are all done!
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100 on KitKat 4.4.2?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.