Hi guys, I am writing this tutorial upon request by a lot of our valuable visitors. So as you all know this tutorial will give you step by step guide on rooting your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 running on Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Table Of Contents
- Steps To Root Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102
Before proceeding with procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 on KitKat 4.4.2
1. Please download the necessary files for rooting Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 from the below given link;
2. Now extract the downloaded files and you will something like given below;
3. Now enable “USB debugging mode” on your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
- How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Samsung Android 4.3 Phone (or up)?
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (KitKat 4.4.2 or Higher)?
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 into “Download Mode“, to enter switch off your device and press and hold “Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click “Volume Up” button to confirm and you will enter into the “Download Mode“. Kindly check the below screen shot to confirm.
4. Now open Odin as admin and connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 with your PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message from the Odin. Now click the “PDA” button and select the extracted “.tar.md5” file on your PC desktop.
Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click “Start” button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get finished. When it’s completed your the Grand 2 will restart to attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm the root from the “Pass” message in the Odin….Did you ever thought this will be this much simple….
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 running on KitKat 4.4.2 firmware , please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 on KitKat 4.4.2?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.