Now a days it’s very difficult to customize your Android Smartphones, even the Samsung Galaxy Series also. I wonder why all companies are taking the same path of Apple. But don’t worry, as there is hope, because we have a large community of dedicated android developers and enthusiasts who are constantly working on new exploits and tweaks.
With their help we have also crossed another milestone, installing the Stock ROM/Firmware using the Odin.
Today we are concentrating on the S10 series only, and the compatible models are Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F, Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973U, Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973W, Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G9730, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975W, Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F, Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970U, Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970W, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977B, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977U and Samsung Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977N.
So lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory so that you can recover from worst case scenario.
Steps To Install Stock ROM/Firmware On Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ Or S10e Using Odin
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your S10.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional settings in the settings menu called “Developer Options“. Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (please note that all the images given below are just for reference, the actual S10 UI may be different).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. You will get a popup warning as shown below, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Please download the files corresponds to your device from the below links;
- 1. Download Samsung Galaxy S10 Firmwares: SM-G973F, SM-G973U, SM-G973W, SM-G9730, SM-G973U1
- 2. Download Samsung Galaxy S10+ Firmwares: SM-G975F, SM-G975U, SM-G975U1, SM-G975W
- 3. Download Samsung Galaxy S10e Firmwares: SM-G970F, SM-G970U, SM-G970W
- 4. Download Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Firmwares: SM-G977B, SM-G977U, SM-G977N
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extrat the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e into the “download mode”.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S10 device. Now in the power down status press and hold the “Vol Down” and “Bixby” buttons, while holding all the buttons connect your phone to your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the above warning message on your phone screen press “Vol Up” button to enter your Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e into the “Download Mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks like the below screenshot;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as said above, click the “Start” button in the Odin and wait for the flashing process to get completed. Finally when the process is finished your Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app.
That’s it friends, you have successfully install the Stock ROM/Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e or S10 Plus.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Manually Install Official Stock ROM On Galaxy S10?
- How To Manually Install Stock ROM On Galaxy S10 Plus?
- How To Manually Install Stock ROM On Galaxy S10e?
- How To Manually Flash Stock ROM On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e?
- How To Manually Install Stock ROM On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e using Odin?
- How To Manually Install Stock firmware On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e or S10 Plus, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Manually Install Stock ROM On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.