Hi guys, this tutorial will help you to install Stock ROM Oreo 8.0 on your Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F for all regions.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is the first phone to come packed with the latest Android Oreo 8.0 firmware, my bad S9+ also is :). The firmware itself is rich in it’s amazing features which reminds that the android has no limit for the developer imagination. But there are situations where you need to reinstall the firmware.
This tutorial is for those who are experiencing any kind of the below mentioned issues.
1. Whoever who wants to go back to the Stock Android Oreo 8.0 firmware.
2. Someone who is experiencing some issues after updating/rooting etc.
3. Someone who has some corrupted OS files.
4. For someone who is going through the infamous android bootloop on your Galaxy S9.
Before proceeding any further lets have an idea on;
What is a stock ROM/firmware?
This is strictly for educational purpose only. If somebody is telling you to install the stock ROM while you are facing an issue like the one mentioned above with your phone, you may be confused,
What is a stock ROM?
Stock ROM is simply the firmware which was pre-installed on your Galaxy S9 G960F (or any phone) when it came from the factory.
Now you might be thinking, I am not a technical person, so it will be difficult for me to install the stock ROM on my device, don’t worry it is as simple as picking an apple from an apple tree.
However please note that this method is compatible on Galaxy S9 G960F only.
Note: Make a complete backup of your device memory including contacts, multimedia file etc if you are able to do so.
Steps to install the stock ROM/firmware on Galaxy S9 G960F
1. First lets start with the required files for this process. In order to flash your S9 G960F with the stock Oreo 8.0 firmware you need to download two files from the below given links. The first one is the firmware for the specific model and the second one is the Odin application to perform the flashing. Once downloaded please extract all the files including the Odin zip file.
When you click any of the the below links you will be directed to another page where you need to click again to select the file hosting provider. Please note that for Galaxy S9 G960F, the stock firmware version is Android Oreo 8.0.
2. When the downloading is finished you need to enable the “USB debugging mode” on your Galaxy S9 G960F. To enable it please go to settings menu and gave a check mark for “USB debugging” from the “Developer options“. The detailed steps are given on the below tutorial.
3. Once done you need to switch off the S9 G960F and enter it into “Download mode“. For that when in power down status please press and hold “Power” + “Vol Down” + “Bixby” buttons at the same time to enter into download mode. You may also check the below tutorial for more detailed steps.
4. Now please open the Odin application with administrative privileges and connect your S9 G960F using the USB data cable. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message from the Odin application. If you didn’t get the “Added” message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers and try again. The USB drivers can be downloaded from the official Samsung website for free or try searching the Google.
5. Once done please click the “PDA/AP” button in the Odin software and select the “tar.md5” which you have downloaded and extracted earlier. Now click the “Start” button to start the flashing process. Now wait for the procedure to get finished and until the phone is rebooted.
Once the flashing process is finished you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin application that confirms the whole thing was a success.
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install stock ROM/firmware (Oreo 8.0) on Samsung Galaxy S9 G960F?
If you have faced any issues while installing the Stock ROM on Galaxy S9 G960F, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Stock ROM (Oreo 8.0) On Galaxy S9 G960F? (All Regions)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.