Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
The Galaxy J7 2017 the latest edition of the very popular Samsung Galaxy J7 is very elegant in looks and good in performance. Galaxy J7 is available at a reasonable price tag but with no compromise in performance.
But here rather than going into the features of this wonderful phone we will be guiding you through the detailed tutorial to root it using the popular CF autoroot method.
This method is compatible on all variants of J7 2017 like Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM, Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730F and Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J727V (Verizon) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware.
Please don't forget to back up all your contacts and device data before beginning the rooting. Also make sure that you have charged your phone to 80% of it's full capacity.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. First please identify your device and download the corresponding root files from the below given links.
The files will be zip archived with two main files in it, the Odin and the root file. So after download please extract it so that you will get files like the one given in the screenshot below.
2. In the next step, you need to enable the following from the settings menu;
- Developer options (if not enabled already please tap on the "build number" 7 times under "About device" from settings menu)
- USB debugging mode (from developer options)
- OEM unlock (also from developer options)
Click on "OEM unlocking" and you will get a popup warning as shown below, now tap to enable.
However the detailed steps to enable both the USB debugging and OEM unlocking on Galaxy Smartphones are given below, methods are almost same on Nougat firmware.
3. After "OEM Unlock" is enabled, please switch off your Galaxy J7 and enter it into the "Download mode". To enter into "Download Mode" please press and hold the "Power"+"Vol Down"+"Home" buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press "Vol Up" button to enter into the "Download mode".
Kindly check the below "Download mode" tutorial for Marshmallow firmware whch is similar to Nougat.
4. Now you need to run the "Odin.exe" (from the extracted files) file with admin privileges and have to connect your Galaxy J7 2017 using the USB data cable to your PC. The connection can be confirmed by an "Added" message in the "Odin" application. If you didn't get an "Added" message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your device and try again.
5. In the last step please click the "AP" button in the Odin app, then you need to select the "tar.md5" root file which you have already downloaded and extracted to your computer. Now click"Start" button in the Odin app to start the rooting. Your device may reboot during the course. And once booted up you are good to go, a confirmation from the "Odin" app will give you a "Pass" message.
If you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after rooting please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don't worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730F Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J727V (Verizon) Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy J7 2017 running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) On Android Nougat 7.0? All Models" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.