The Samsung Galaxy M30s the rejuvenator for the Galaxy Series in the budget category has topped the sales records from day one. However no wonder for those who have hands on experience with it at least once because it is a wonderful Android Smartphone with an incredible Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, 6GB RAM, triple camera with a massive 48 MP sensor and 16MP Selfie camera.
However today we will be detailing the step by step procedure to install the stock ROM, Android 9.0 Pie firmware on this amazing phone using the Odin app rather than going any further into it’s specs.
The two supported models are Galaxy M30s SM-M307F and Galaxy M30s SM-M307FN only.
So lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory so that you can recover from a worst case scenario.
Please note that SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial. Please proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Install Stock ROM/Firmware On Samsung Galaxy M30s Using Odin
Most of the procedures are common for Smartphones running on Oreo 8.0 and up however we will be explaining the step by step procedure for your ease.
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do it that from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your M30s.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional settings in the settings menu called “Developer Options“. Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (please note that all the images given below are just for reference, the actual M30s UI may be different).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. You will get a popup warning as shown below, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Please download the files corresponds to your device from the below links;
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extrat the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy M30s into the “download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy M30s device. Now in the power down status press and hold the “Vol Down” and “Bixby” buttons, while holding all the buttons connect your phone to your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the above warning message on your phone screen press “Vol Up” button to enter your Samsung Galaxy M30s into the “Download Mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks like the below screenshot;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as said above, click the “Start” button in the Odin and wait for the flashing process to get finished. Finally when the process is completed your Galaxy M30s will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app on your PC.
That’s all, hope you were able to follow all the steps and install Stock ROM/Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy M30s.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Manually Install Official Stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy M30s SM-M307F?
- How To Manually Install Official Stock ROM On Samsung Galaxy M30s SM-M307FN?
- How To Manually Install Official Android 9.0 Pie On Samsung Galaxy M30s SM-M307F And SM-M307FN?
If you have faced any issues while trying to enter/exit download mode on Samsung Galaxy M30s, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Manually Install Stock ROM On Galaxy M30s?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.