As you all know Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY is a budget phone with decent features like 8MP rear camera, 1.5GB RAM, 5 inch touch screen display etc. But today we are going to give you a bonus, yes we are going to guide you through the whole process of updating your Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware.
Before proceeding further please make sure that your device is backed up with all the phone data including contacts, image files, video etc.. Also make sure that it is charged at least to 80% of battery power and the Samsung USB drivers for your Galaxy On5 is installed on your PC.
Please note that SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of the below given tutorial, kindly proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Update Samung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware
1. First please download all the necessary files for this process from the below given links and extract them to your PC desktop;
2. Now you need to enter your Galaxy On5 into "Download Mode". To enter into "Download Mode" first switch off your phone and press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time. Release the buttons when you get the warning message. Now press Volume Up button to confirm. Now you will see the green Android Bot with "Downloading" message.
Alternately if you want a more detailed tutorial to enter your Galaxy smartphone into "Download Mode" please follow the below given.
3. Now run the "Odin.exe" file (which you have already downloaded and extracted to your PC desktop) as "Administrator" and connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin window.
4. Once done click the "PDA/AP" button in the "Odin" and select the "tar.md5" file which you already extracted to your PC desktop.
5. Now click "Start" button in the "Odin" and wait for the flashing process to get finished.
6. Once the process is completed your Galaxy On5 will reboot and you will be able to check the firmware version from Settings->About device.
Congrats! your Samsung Galaxy On5 is now installed with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware, enjoy!
Normal Queries For This Tutorial
- How To Update Samung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY With Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 Official Firmware?
Most common issue right after the update you may be facing will be the Android Boot Loop, to resolve it please follow the below given tutorial and carefully do the steps,
If you have faced any issues while trying to update your Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Update Galaxy On5 SM-G550FY To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Manually?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.