Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
The Galaxy J5 2017 is the trimmed down version of it's big brother, the Galaxy J7 2017. But when it comes to the specs it's not that much suffered though, at least hardware wise but with the display size only. If you go on with it's features you need a full day for that but as our intention is not that we can straight away come to the point, ie. rooting this monster.
So today we are going to guide through a detailed tutorial to root the Galaxy J5 2017 edition using the CF Autoroot method.
Please don't forget to back up all your contacts and device data before beginning the rooting. Also make sure that you have charged your phone to 80% of it's full capacity.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. Please select the correct root file from the below links and download it to your PC desktop.
The files will be zip archived with two main files in it, the Odin and the root file. So after download please extract it so that you will get files like the one given in the screenshot below.
2. In the next step, you need to enable the following from the "Settings" menu;
- Developer options (if not enabled already please tap on the "build number" 7 times under "About device" from settings menu)
- USB debugging mode (from developer options)
- OEM unlock (also from developer options, for some devices with Marshmallow firmware and up you also need to perform and OEM unlock to root the phone)
Click on "OEM unlocking" and you will get a popup warning as shown below, now tap to enable.
However the detailed steps to enable both the USB debugging and OEM unlocking on Galaxy Smartphones are given below, methods are almost same on Nougat firmware.
3. After "OEM Unlock" is enabled, please switch off your phone and enter it into the "Download mode". To enter into "Download Mode" please press and hold the "Power"+"Vol Down"+"Home" buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press "Vol Up" button to enter into the "Download mode".
Kindly check the below "Download mode" tutorial for Marshmallow firmware which is similar to Nougat. On the contrary from older firmware versions there is also a procedure needed to exit from the "Download Mode", so it's better to follow the detailed tutorial given below.
4. Now you need to run the "Odin.exe" (from the extracted files) file with admin privileges and have to connect your Galaxy J5 2017 using the USB data cable to your PC. You will get and "Added" message when done and if you didn't get an "Added" message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your phone and try to reconnect.
5. In the last step please click the "AP" button in the Odin app, then select the "tar.md5" root file which you have already downloaded and extracted to your PC desktop. Now click the "Start" button in the Odin app to start the rooting process. Your device may reboot during the course which is quite normal. And once booted up you are good to go, a "Pass" message from the odin app can be taken as a success confirmation.
If you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after rooting please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don't worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 SM-J530Y Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 SM-J530F Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy J5 2017 running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) On Android Nougat 7.0? All Models" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.