Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
This tutorial will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510MN running on Android Nougat 7.1.1 firmware using the CF AutoRoot method. As you all may know this method is the easiest and the most effective root method available now.
Please note that you need to take a backup of your complete files on your phone memory, just a precaution for worst case scenario. Also please keep in mind that the rooting will void your warranty.
SamsungSFour.com is not liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510MN running on Android Nougat 7.1.1 using CF AutoRoot
1. First please download the required file from the below given link;
2. Once downloaded please extract it to your computer desktop. Please check the below screenshot for extracted contents.
4. Now please switch of your Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510MN and enter it into "Download mode". To enter into download mode press and hold the"Vol Down"+"Home"+"Power" buttons at the same time until you see a warning screen. Press "Vol up" to continue. You may also try the below given download mode tutorials.
- How To Enter and Exit Download Mode In Android Marshmallow Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Enter Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Into Download Mode?
Once done please instal the Samsung USB drivers for your phone (please google it) and install it.
5. Now open the "image" folder (from the earlier downloaded files) and you will see a file named "image.tar.md5" like shown in the screenshot below.
6. Now go back to the main folder.
7. There please open the "tools" folder and you will be able to see the "Odin.exe" file there.
Double click the file to open it and you will get the Odin application opened as shown in the screenshot below. Now connect your phone using the USB data cable to your PC. If the connection was successful you will get an added message in the "Odin" app.
Now click the "AP" button and select the "image.tar.md5" file you found in the "image" folder (mentioned in step no: 5). Once done please click the "Start" button in the Odin app to initiate the rooting process.
Rest of the processes are automated and once the rooting is done your device will restart and you will get a "Pass" message from the Odin window.
Hope this helped!
If you have faced any issues while trying to root Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510MN running on Android Nougat 7.1.1, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510MN On Nougat 7.1.1 Using CF AutoRoot?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.