Image Credits: Samsung Electronics.
The Samsung Galaxy J3 and J3 prime are two budget Android Smartphones from the Samsung but without that much hindrance on the performance. These phones can be boosted in performance further if you root it and remove the bloatwares on it. But do you know how to root your phone, if not don’t worry because we have got you covered with this tutorial which will help you in rooting your Samsung Galaxy J3 and J3 prime running on the Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method.
Compatible Galaxy Models
This method is compatible on all variants of J3 2017 like Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J330G, Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 (Metro PCS) and Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T (T-Mobile) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware.
Disclaimer: Please note that you need to take a backup of your complete files on your phone memory, just a precaution for worst case scenario. Also please keep in mind that the rooting will void your warranty. SamsungSFour.com will not liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial. Please proceed at your own risk. You may unroot it by reinstalling the stock rom using Kies or Odin application.
Please don’t forget to back up all your contacts and device data before beginning the rooting. Also make sure that you have charged your phone to 80% of it’s full capacity.
Steps to root Galaxy J3 and J3 Prime (2017) on Nougat 7.0 (CF-Auto-Root)
1. As you have 3 different phone models separate root file download links are given below. Identify your phone and download the correct file. For easiness it is better to download the files to your computer desktop.
- Downloads To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J330G On Nougat 7.0 Using CF AutoRoot
- Downloads To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 (Metro PCS) On Nougat 7.0 Using CF AutoRoot
- Downloads To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T (T-Mobile) On Nougat 7.0 Using CF AutoRoot
As you can see in the below screenshot you will get similar files when extracted.
2. In the next step, you need to enable the following from the settings menu;
- Developer options (if not enabled already please tap on the “build number” 7 times under “About device” from settings menu)
- USB debugging mode (from developer options)
- OEM unlock (also from developer options)
Click on “OEM unlocking” and you will get a popup warning as shown below, now tap to enable.
Please check the dedicated tutorials given below to enable both the USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your J3/J3 Prime.
Entering Download Mode
3. After “OEM Unlock” is enabled, please switch off your Galaxy J3 and enter it into the “Download mode”. To enter into “Download Mode” please press and hold the “Power”+”Vol Down”+”Home” buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” button to enter into the “Download mode“.
Kindly check the below “Download mode” tutorial for Marshmallow firmware whch is similar to Nougat.
4. Now open the “Odin.exe” file and connect your phone using the USB data cable. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message in the Odin app.
If you didn’t get a confirmation from the Odin it is better to reinstall the Samsung USB drivers and retry the connection.
5. In the last step click the “AP” button in the Odin app and select the “tar.md5” root file which you have already downloaded and extracted to your PC. Now click”Start” button to start the rooting. Your device will reboot and you will get the homescreen once the rooting procedure is completed. Also you will get a “Pass” message in Odin. That’s it your Galaxy J3/J3 Prime is rooted.
If you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after rooting please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries root Galaxy J3 And J3 Prime 2017 On Nougat 7.0
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 SM-J330G Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T1 (Metro PCS) Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime SM-J327T (T-Mobile) Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy J3/J3 Prime 2017 running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Galaxy J3 And J3 Prime (2017) On Nougat 7.0?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.