Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
If you are looking for a root tutorial for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 then this is it. This method is compatible for all Galaxy Tab S2 variants like Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T710, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T715 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 SM-T815.
Make sure that you have backed up your phone memory before proceeding with any of the steps below to prepare for the worst case scenario.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. Please download the file compatible for your Galaxy Tab S2 variant from the below given links and extract it to your PC desktop.
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T710
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T715
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 SM-T815
3. Once the USB debugging is enabled on your phone please switch it off and enter it into the "Download mode". The below given tutorial will explain in detail on entering your Tab S2 into "Download Mode".
4. Now open the Odin.exe file with admin privileges and connect your Galaxy Tab S2 using the USB cable with your PC. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin software.
5. Now please click the "PDA" button in the Odin app and select "tar.md5" file that you have extracted on your PC desktop. To start the rooting procedure click the "Start" button in the Odin application.
During the rooting process your Galaxy Tab S2 will reboot several times which is quite normal. When the process is finished you will get a "Pass" message from the Odin.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T710 Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 SM-T715 Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 SM-T815 Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 running on Marshmallow 6.0.1, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 On Marshmallow 6.0.1?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.