The Samsung Galaxy S6, one of the best ever Smartphone from the Korean cell phone giant has given them quite a leverage in the industry. Actually they are really good phones which comes with a 5.1 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, 16 mega pixel rear camera, finger print sensor etc. Anyways I am not going any further into their amazing specs but will guide you through the whole process to root this beast.
Please note that this method is compatible on Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F, Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920K, Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920L, Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920P, Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920S, Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V (Verizon) and Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920AZ (Cricket) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware only.
Make sure that you have backed up your Galaxy S6's phone memory before proceeding with any of the steps below.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S6 running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root
1. First of all please find out your exact model number and download the corresponding root file from the below given link;
Once downloaded please extract it to your PC desktop. Kindly check the below screenshot, which gives you an idea about the extracted content.
2. Now you need to enable the "USB debugging" on your Galaxy S6 to proceed with the root. For that go to "Settings-> Developer options"and enable the "USB debugging" from the "Developer options" menu. If you can't find the developer options under the "Settings" menu please tap on the "build number" 7 times under "About device"
The detailed steps to enable USB debugging is explained for Marshmallow firmware below, the procedure is almost same on Nougat.
3. Now please enable "OEM unlock". Please check the below article for detailed steps to enable OEM unlock.
4. Once the "OEM unlock" is enabled on your phone please switch it off and enter it into the "Download mode". To enter "Download Mode" please press and hold the "Power"+"Vol Down"+"Home" buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press "Vol Up" button to enter into the "Download mode".
Kindly check the below given tutorial for Marshmallow "download mode", the procedure is almost same on Nougat.
5. In the next step you need to open the "Odin" application with admin privileges and need to connect your S6 using the USB data cable to your PC. Once connected you will get an "Added" message from "Odin" application. If the connection is unsuccessful please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your device and try again.
6. In the final steps please click click the "PDA/AP" button on the Odin application and select the "tar.md5" file which you have extracted to your PC desktop before.
And once the file is selected please click "Start". When the rooting is completed your Galay S6 will reboot and you will get a "Pass" message from the Odin app.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920K Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920L Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920P Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920S Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920V (Verizon) Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920AZ (Cricket) Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy S6 running on Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 On Nougat 7.0 Using CF-Auto-Root? (All Models)" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.