The Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro comes with very descent specs but at a very affordable price when compared to the "premium" "S" series. Galaxy C7 Pro holds a 5.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display with 4 GB RAM, 16 MP rear and front camera, Octa core processor etc. This is the selfie expert camera introduced by the Koreans to compete with the Chinese rivals in the developing markets.
OMG! where am I taking you, this article is neither a review nor a specifications sheet, but a tutorial on rooting the Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro running on the Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF Autoroot method.
This is the most stable method when compared to the readymade one click apps which are very unreliable in performance and comes with a lot of unwanted "spies".
Please be informed that this method is compatible only on Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7010, Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7018 and Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C701F running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware.
Please note that you need to take a backup of your complete files on your phone memory, just a precaution for worst case scenario. Also please keep in mind that the rooting will void your warranty. SamsungSFour.com is not liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial.
All the CF Autroot rooting procedures are same no matter on what devices it's performed. Let me conclude it to 5 main steps as given below.
In concise the rooting procedure consists of mainly 5 steps;
- Making backup of your phone memory to an external storage
- Enabling OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Downloading the root files
- Entering into the download mode
- Starting the rooting procedure with the Odin application on your desktop computer.
It looks like, now you have an idea on the CF Autoroot rooting procedures. So lets proceed with the rooting steps in the order listed above.
Steps To Root Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7010, Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7018 and Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C701F running on Nougat 7.0 firmware using CF AutoRoot
1. First please download the necessary files from the below given links (please report broken download links using the comment option at the end of this tutorial).
Downloads For Rooting Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7010
Downloads For Rooting Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7018
Downloads For Rooting Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C701F
2. Once downloaded please extract it to your Computer desktop. You can check the below screenshot to cross check on the extracted contents.
3. Now enable 'USB debugging mode" on your phone. Please follow the below tutorial to enable USB Debugging.
4. Once USB debugging is enabled please enable the OEM unlock. Please check the below tutorial to get an idea on the procedure.
5. Once done please switch of your phone and enter it into "Download mode".
To enter into download mode press and hold the"Vol Down"+"Home"+"Power" buttons at the same time until you see the warning screen. When you get the warning screen please press "Vol up" to continue and enter into the download mode.
You may also try the below given download mode tutorials for detailed instruction on entering into the download mode.
- How To Enter and Exit Download Mode In Android Marshmallow Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Enter Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Into Download Mode?
Once done please instal the Samsung USB drivers for your phone (please google for the drivers) and install it if not done already. If the drivers are not installed properly the Odin may not detect your device in the coming step.
6. Now open the "image" folder (from the earlier downloaded files) and you will see a file named "image.tar.md5" like shown in the screenshot below.
7. Now go back to the main folder and you will see contents like in the below screenshot.
8. Once you are in the main folder please open the "tools" folder and run the "Odin.exe" file from there.
Double click the file to run it and you will get the Odin application opened as shown in the screenshot below. Now connect your phone using the USB data cable to your PC. If the connection was successful you will get an added message in the "Odin" app.
Now click the "AP" button and select the "image.tar.md5" file you found in the "image" folder (mentioned in step no: 6). When done please click the "Start" button in the Odin app to initiate the rooting process.
The rest of the Odin rooting procedure is all automated so no user intervention is needed once it's started, so sit back and relax while it's getting completed. When it's finished your Galaxy C7 Pro will reboot, also you will get a "Pass" message from the Odin app.
That's it guys, please don't forget to like/share in the social networking sites if this tutorial was helpful.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7010 Running On Nougat 7.0 Using CF AutoRoot?
- How To Root Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7018 Running On Nougat 7.0 Using CF AutoRoot?
- How To Root Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C701F Running On Nougat 7.0 Using CF AutoRoot?
If you have faced any issues while trying to root your Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7010, Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C7018 and Galaxy C7 Pro SM-C701F running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro On Nougat 7.0? (All Models)" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.