Even though the Samsung Galaxy S5 is released fresh out of the oven, many of you might even started to think about resetting it. We read your mind (just kidding). This is why I came up with this simple tutorial which will help you in resetting your Samsung Galaxy S5 to factory settings using code, button combination or from settings menu.
Please follow the below steps carefully to factory hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S5 in the blink of an eye.
Table Of Contents
- Steps to hard reset Galaxy S5
Before initiating the hard resetting process make sure that the Galaxy S5 is undergone a backup of all your contacts, data and what ever it is on your phone memory to a safe location. Also make sure that you have removed the sdcard from your phone before resetting it to secure the data on it.
Once you have did this you can start the hard reset procedure.
Steps to hard reset Galaxy S5
Methods-1 Hard resetting Galaxy S5 from recovery mode
1. For this method, you must enter your S5 in android recovery mode
2. To do so, you must switch of your Galaxy S5 and press and hold Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time.
3. Don’t release the buttons unless you see the recovery mode screen.
5. Once your Samsung Galaxy S5 is in recovery mode you can use “volume up” and “down buttons” to scroll up and down and “power button” to make a selection.
6. Now scroll to“wipe data factory reset” and make a selection using the “power button”.
Method-2 Hard Resetting Samsung Galaxy S5 using code
1. For normal Factory Hard Reset of Galaxy S5, try this code: *#7780#
2. For Full Hard Resetting your Galaxy S5, try this code: *2767*3855# (it will not ask for confirmation)
Method-3 Hard Resetting Samsung Galaxy S5 from settings menu
1. Navigate to Settings->Back up and reset->Factory data reset. and click on “Factory data reset”.
Please don’t forget to give a check mark for “Backup my data” and “Automatic restore” if a backup and automatic restore of your Samsung Galaxy S5 is needed after the hard reset.
If “How to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S5 using code, button combination or from settings menu?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by clicking the below given buttons.