Hi guys, this tutorial will guide you through the complete steps to unlock bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A02 and Galaxy A02s.
A preface to Galaxy A02 & A02s specs
The Galaxy A02 comes with a 6.5 inches PLS LCD touchscreen display. When it comes to the storage and RAM it has quite a lot of options to select like 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM, 32GB 4GB RAM & 64GB 3GB RAM.
The A02s also comes with the same 6.5 inches PLS LCD touchscreen display but it has better storage and RAM options to select like 16GB 1GB RAM, 32GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 3GB RAM, 32GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM & 64GB 4GB RAM.
However A02s is 10 grams lighter than A02 but with almost same dimensions.
Colour options to select
- A02: Black, Blue
- A02s: Black, White, Red, Blue
What is Bootloader On a Galaxy A02/A02s?
Bootloader in simple words is a set of software/code which runs when your Galaxy Smartphones boots up. It decides whether the phone boot normally
or into the recovery mode. Further bootlooader is universal to all devices with an Operating System.
Advantages of unlocking bootloader on a Galaxy A02/A02s
By unlocking a Galaxy A02/A02s you will be able to flash any Custom ROM, will be able to root your device (Magisk, SuperSU), will be able to flash mod files and custom recoveries like TWRP etc. By unlocking your Galaxy Smartphone bootloader you will be able to customize your device to the fullest. The stock firmware is very limited for customization by default and users will only be able to customize it a very little.
In short if you want to take full advantage of your Samsung Galaxy A02/A02s you may need to unlock it’s bootloader.
Disadvantages of unlocking bootloader
The first major disadvantage is losing your warranty. Because unlocked bootloader may be prone to instability which may result both software and hardware damage if not properly used.
Unlocking your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone bootloader may open your phone to vulnerabilities. So please proceed with caution.
Finally lets proceed to step by step procedure to unlock your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone bootloader.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Galaxy A02/A02s
1. First you need to enable developer mode and enable “OEM Unlock” options from “Settings” menu.
For that, first tap on the “Settings” icon in your app drawer. Once tapped you will get the below screen.
Here tap on “About phone” and you will get the below page.
Here tap on “Software information” and you will get the below screen.
Enabling Developer Options
Now in this page tap on “Build number” 10 times or until you get the popup “You are now a developer” to enable the “Developer options“. Next go back to the previous menu now and you will be able to see the “Developer options” at the bottom of the previous page.
In the next step tap on “Developer options” and you will get the below screen.
Here tap on “OEM unlocking” and you will get the below warning. Now tap on “Turn on” to activate the “OEM unlocking“.
Enabling USB Debugging
To enable “USB debugging” tap on the corresponding menu entry and you will get the below warning. Now same way tap on “Turn on” to activate the “USB debugging“.
When everything is enabled you will get the page as shown below.
If you are still confused please have a look at this video tutorial.
Also you may try the below tutorials;
2. Once done switch of your Galaxy A02/A02s. When its completely in the power down status press and hold the “Vol Up” and “Vol Down” buttons and connect your phone to a PC using the USB cable at the same time. When you get the “Warning” screen press and hold the “Vol Up” buttons for more than 7 secs.
3. Next the phone will show an “Unlock Bootloader” confirmation screen. In the next screen press “Vol Up” button again. This will unlock the bootloader. Please note that all the data on your phone will be deleted for ever.
4. Now your phone will reboot and when finally booted up, enable “Developer option” again using the same procedure as given above. Now if everything is done correctly “OEM unlock” will be greyed out in the “Developer options” menu.
Hope this helped, that’s all you need to do to unlock your bootloader on a Samsung Galaxy A02/A02s.
Compatible Galaxy models
- Samsung Galaxy A02: SM-A022F, SM-A022F/DS, SM-A022M, SM-A022M/DS, SM-A022G, SM-A022G/DS
- Galaxy A02s: SM-A025F, SM-A025F/DS, SM-A025G, SM-A025G/DS, SM-A025M, SM-A025M/DS, SM-A025U, SM-A025V, SM-A025A, SM-A025U1, SM-A025AZ, SM-S124DL
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to Unlock bootloader on a Samsung Galaxy A02/A02s?
Further, if you have faced any issues while trying to unlock bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy A02/A02s, please feel free to contact us.
If “How To Unlock Galaxy A02 & A02s Bootloader?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.