This simple tutorial will help you to root your favorite Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A for AT&T subscribers without even the need of a computer/laptop. To have an introduction, this monster phone comes with 5.1 inch Super AMOLED display, 2.5GHz quad-core processor and 16MP monster camera.
Table Of Contents
- Brief intro
- Steps to root
A brief introduction to Galaxy S5 Active rooting
This easy tutorial to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A can be accomplished in a few simple steps. This tutorial is so simple that even your non techie wife can do it. The main thing about this method is that you don’t need the any PC for rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A AT&T, you can simply accomplish this by installing a couple of apps on your S5 Active, also you don’t have to take any backup of your phone as this method will not delete any data.
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don’t worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
Steps To Root Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A for AT&T Without PC
1. First you need to enable the feature on your phone, install apps from “Unknown sources” so that you can install apps which are not downloaded from Google Play store. For that simply go to “Settings”->”Security” and give a check mark on “Unknown Sources”.
2. After doing this open this url on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A Internet browser.
If you get any warning from your browser about the “Untrusted Connection” please don’t worry, you just need to add it to security exception.
3. When the page is opened you will be navigated to the homepage of “towelroot.com” and you will see a similar screen like one given below.
Now tap the “Lambda” symbol there and ignore the warning and click “Ok” to download the apk file. After downloading the .apk file on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A, please install it.
4. Once you have installed it open the “towel root” app on your phone and tap on “make it ra1n” to root your device.
Wait for the process to complete and open “Google Play Store” when it’s done.
5. Now type in “SuperSU” in the “Play Store” app search box and download and install “SuperSU” from chainfire. After installing the “SuperSU” app open it and wait for the binary installation.
That’s it guys your Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A for AT&T is now rooted with superuser privileges….it’s time for party…..enjoy.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A for AT&T, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A AT&T (without PC)?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.