This tutorial will help you to unlock your Samsung Galaxy A51 & A51 5G bootloader using the most easiest methods. However, please don’t misunderstand this for the carrier bootloader unlock, as this method is only for the factory unlocked A51 Smartphones only.
Table Of Contents
- Compatible Models
- What is a Bootloader?
- Advantages of unlocking bootloader
- Disadvantages of unlocking bootloader
- Steps to unlock Galaxy bootloader
- Normal queries
This tutorial is compatible with all the Samsung Galaxy A51 & A51 5G models like SM-A516F, SM-A516F/DSN, SM-A516N, SM-A516B/DS, SM-A516B, SM-A516U, SC-54A and A51 models like SM-A515F, SM-A515F/DSN, SM-A515F/DS, SM-A515F/DST, SM-A515F/DSM, SM-A515F/N, SM-A515U, SM-A515U1, SM-A515W, SM-A515X, SM-S515DL.
The Galaxy A51 & A51 5G Smartphones are marvelous when it comes to performance with their Exynos 980 & Exynos 9611 chipsets. Both of them holds Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on their 6.5 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen display.
Now lets proceed to a brief description on what is bootloader.
What is Bootloader On a Galaxy A51 & A51 5G?
Bootloader in it’s simplest form is a set of software/codes which runs when your Galaxy A51 or A51 5G boots up. It decides whether the phone boot normally
or into the recovery mode. Further bootlooader is present in all devices that has an OS.
Advantages of unlocking Galaxy A51 & A51 5G bootloader
By unlocking a Galaxy A51 5G you will be able to flash any Custom ROM, will be able to root your device (Magisk, SuperSU), will be able to flash mod files and custom recoveries like TWRP etc. By unlocking your Galaxy A51 5G bootloader you will be able to customize your device to the fullest. The stock firmware is very limited for customization by default and users will only be able to customize it a very little.
In short if you want to take full advantage of your Samsung Galaxy A51 5G you may need to unlock it’s bootloader.
Disadvantages of unlocking Galaxy A51 & A51 5G bootloader
The first major disadvantage is losing your warranty. Because unlocked bootloader may be prone to instability which may result both software and hardware damage if not properly used.
Unlocking your Samsung Galaxy A51 5G bootloader may open your phone to vulnerabilities. So please proceed with caution.
Finally lets proceed to step by step procedure to unlock your Samsung Galaxy A51 5G bootloader.
Steps to unlock Galaxy A51 & A51 5G bootloader
1. First you need to enable developer mode and enable “OEM Unlock” options from “Settings” menu.
For that, first tap on the “Settings” icon in your app drawer. Once tapped you will get the below screen.
Here tap on “About phone” and you will get the below page.
Here tap on “Software information” and you will get the below screen.
Now in this page tap on “Build number” 10 times or untill you get the popup “You are now a developer” to enable the “Developer options“. Next go back to the previous menu now and you will be able to see the “Developer options” at the bottom of the previous page.
In the next step tap on “Developer options” and you will get the below screen.
Here tap on “OEM unlocking” and you will get the below warning. Now tap on “Turn on” to activate the “OEM unlocking“.
To enable “USB debugging” tap on the corresponding menu entry and you will get the below warning. Now same way tap on “Turn on” to activate the “USB debugging“.
When everything is enabled you will get the page as shown below.
If you are still confused please have a look at the video tutorial here
Also you may try the below tutorials;
2. Once done switch of your Galaxy A51 5G. When its completley in the power down status press and hold the “Vol Up” and “Vol Down” buttons and connect your phone to a PC using the USB cable at the same time. When you get the “Warning” screen press and hold the “Vol Up” buttons for more than 7 secs.
If you have an older version Galaxy A51 5G firmware please try the below methods;
- Bixby + Volume Down and connect your phone to a PC using USB cable
- Vol Down + Power Button
- Vol Down + Home + Power Button
Any of the methods will work depending up on your phone model and firmware version.
3. Next the phone will show an “Unlock Bootloader” confirmation screen. In the next screen press “Vol Up” button again. This will unlock the bootloader. Please note that all the data on your phone will be deleted for ever.
4. Now your phone will reboot and when finally booted up, enable “Developer option” again using the same procedure as given above. Now if everything is done correctly “OEM unlock” will be greyed out in the “Developer options” menu.
That’s it friends that’s all you need to do to unlock your bootloader on a Samsung Galaxy A51 5G.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to unlock a Galaxy A51 & A51 5G Bootloader?
- How to enable OEM Unlock on a Samsung Galaxy A51 & A51 5G?
- How to enable developer options on a Galaxy A51 & A51 5G?
If you have faced any issues while trying to unlock bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy A51 5G, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Unlock Bootloader On Galaxy A51 & A51 5G? (Updated)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.