This is the simplest tutorial you will ever find on the web to root your favorite Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) running on the freshly baked Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Most of you might even didn’t got the taste of this latest 4.4.2 KitKat on your Galaxy S4, even then we have came up with a solution to root it (did you think this is little bit ridiculous). In fact not, as sooner or later everybody is going to taste this latest chocolate bar from Google, so it’s for everyone out there who are the proud owners of Samsung Galaxy GT-I9505 S4 and running on 4.4.2 KitKat.
Table Of Contents
- Steps to root Galaxy S4
Before proceeding further please make note of the below things and make sure that you comply with it.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 must have at least 80% of battery charge before initiating the rooting process.
- Make sure that you have made backups of all your phone data to a safe place, including contacts, photos, music (what ever it is on the phone, it should be backed up).
- Please note that when you root your Samsung Galaxy GT-I9505 S4, the warranty will be void (don’t worry you can always claim warranty once you unroot it).
- Make sure that your Galaxy S4 is running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat I9505XXUFNA1 firmware (any other firmware version can end up in non reversible bricked state of your device)
If you comply with all of the above please proceed with the rooting process.
Steps to root Galaxy GT-I9505 S4 on KitKat 4.4.2 I9505XXUFNA1 firmware
1. First please download all the necessary tools and drivers to root your Galaxy S4 by following the below given links,
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root package with SuperSU fix
- Download Odin 3.07
3. Now you need to enter your Samsung Galaxy S4 in Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time to enter S4 in download mode. If you have successfully entered “Download Mode” you will see a green bot in a triangle with the text “Downloading….“. Alternately you can try our dedicated tutorial to enter your Samsung Galaxy S4 in download mode here.
4. Once you are in download mode, connect your Galaxy S4 with your computer by using a USB cable and open the Odin software.
5. If you are successfully connected your Galaxy S4 with your computer then you will get a “Yellow” COM box with the port number, in the Odin window.
6. Now click the “PDA” and select the “CF Auto-Root file” which you already downloaded and extracted on your desktop.
7. Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are check marked in Odin (please don’t change any other settings).
8. Now click the “Start” button in the Odin window, that’s it, the whole process will hardly take a minute or two to complete. Now your device reboots into recovery and do all the process which needs to root your Galaxy S4.
9. Once your device is booted again it will be granted with the root access.
Hurray your Samsung Galaxy GT-I9505 is now rooted with the super user privilege. So enjoy! and take the most out of it…
If “How to root Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505) on Android 4.4.2 KitKat?“ tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on your favorite social networking websites by clicking the below given buttons.