If you want to experience your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone to it’s maximum potential you may need to root it. The rooting will help you to get complete control of your Galaxy Smartphone. So today we are going through the complete steps to root your Galaxy Z Fold3 5G. The good news is that all of it’s variants like SM-F926B, SM-F926B/DS, SM-F926U, SM-F926U1 & SM-F926W are compatible with this method which uses the Magisk app.
I can feel that you are also totally excited as me and want to root your Z Fold3 5G in no time. However rather than going directly to the tutorial please let me give you a brief intro to it’s specifications first.
A brief intro to Galaxy Z Fold3 5G specs
The Galaxy Z Fold3 5G is IPX8 water resistant, which means it can be inserted into 1.5m of depth for a period of 30 mins. This phone is foldable and has a Foldable Dynamic 7.6 inches AMOLED 2X touchscreen display with a resolution of 1768 x 2208 pixels, Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G chipset, 512GB internal storage, 12GB of RAM and a lot more.
All displays are protected with Gorilla Glass Victus. Apart from the main display it also has a 6.2 inches cover display which uses Dynamic AMOLED 2X technology. The Z Fold3 5G is factory packed with a 25W fast charger and 11W wireless charging.
It comes in Phantom Black, Phantom Silver, Phantom Green, Thom Browne Edition and Wooyoungmi Edition colour variations.
Now lets proceed to the rooting tutorial. Please note that this rooting method is compatible only for Galaxy Z Fold3 5G SM-F926B, SM-F926B/DS, SM-F926U, SM-F926U1 & SM-F926W.
Before proceeding any further please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone to prepare for worst case scenario. Also keep in mind that rooting will void your warranty and samsungsfour.com will not be liable for any loss of data nor bricking of the device.
Table Of Contents
- Steps to root Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- More Z Fold3 5G tutorials
- Normal queries
Steps to root Galaxy Z Fold3 5G using Magisk app
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone go to Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer“.
Once done you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” main menu called “Developer Options” as shown below in the screenshot.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
For that first switch off your phone and connect it to the PC using a USB cable and press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys together until you see the bootloader screen as show below.
Next please long press Volume Up key to enter “Device unlock mode.”
For that you may also try the below tutorial which will help you to enable the same.
- How To Enable USB Debugging And OEM Unlocking On Samsung’s Galaxy One UI?
- How To Unlock Bootloader On All Galaxy Android Smartphones? (Latest Updated Method)
2. Now downlad the “Magisk App” from the below link.
After downloading please install it. Kindly make sure to allow installations from “Unknown Sources” from the “Settings”->”Security” before trying to install apps from outside of Play Store.
3. Now download the same firmware version which is currently present on your phone to your computer. To know the “AP”, “CP”, “CSC” version of your phone try the code “*#1234#” into your phone’s dialing keypad.
Please use the below links to download the firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
- Download Stock ROM for Galaxy Z Fold3 5G: SM-F926B, SM-F926B/DS, SM-F926U, SM-F926U1, SM-F926W
Once downloaded please extract the file and you will get similar files like shown below.
4. Now check for a file with “AP” in the starting as shown in the above image. Now copy that file alone to your phones “Internal Storage“.
5. Once done open the “Magisk” app and tap on the “Install button” near to “Magisk“. Please check the below screenshot for reference.
6. When you get the below page tap on “Next“.
7. Now you will get the below page, there you need to tap on “Select and Patch a File” and select the “AP” file you have already copied to your Galaxy Z Fold3 5G’s internal storage. Now this file will be patched and will be named as “magisk_patched.tar“. It will be found in the “Downloads” folder. Copy that file back to your computer desktop.
8. Once done please switch off your phone and enter it into the “Download Mode”. First you need to connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable. To enter into the download mode first you need to enter into the “Recovery Mode” for that press and hold the “Vol Up” + “Power” buttons at the same time and release the “Power” button when you see your phone model number on the screen. Now you will be entered into the “Recovery Mode”.
The above image shows the “Recovery Mode” menu. Here select the “Reboot to bootloader” option and confirm the action to enter into the “Download Mode”. Please use “Vol Up” and “Vol Down” buttons to toggle through the options and “Power” button to confirm a selection.
Once downloaded please open the “Odin.exe” file and tap on the the “AP” button and select the patched file (“magisk_patched.tar“) which was copied from your phone back to your computer. Also please click “BL”, “CP” and “CSC” buttons on the Odin and select appropriate files. Please ignore “UMS/Home CSC“.
Now go to Odin’s “Options” tab and uncheck “Auto Reboot” and click the “Start” button in the Odin to start the flashing process.
Once flashing is finished enter your phone into “Recovery Mode” again and perform a “wipe data/factory reset”. And reboot your phone. When booted up your phone will be rooted with super user privileges.
Hope you haven’t got any errors while doing the above steps. If not you are good to go and have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G using the Magisk Android app.
More Z Fold3 5G tutorials
Before finishing with this tutorial please let me list out some other Galaxy Z Fold3 5G related tutorials which may interest you;
- All Secret Codes Of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G (Hidden Menu)
- How To Take Screenshot On Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G?
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G SM-F926B, SM-F926B/DS, SM-F926U, SM-F926U1 & SM-F926W using Magisk?
- How to get root access on my Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G?
If you have faced any issues while trying to root your Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G? (All Models)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.