Hi guys, this tutorial will help you to manually install / flash the latest official Android 13 OTA firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S23 SM-S911W using the Odin desktop application.
Android 13 New Features
Before going to the installation procedures first let us get a brief idea about the benefits of installing the latest Android 13 on your Galaxy S23 SM-S911W.
- One UI 5.1
- Camera enhancements
- Home screen changes
- Theming and colors
- Lock screen customization
- Notification panel alterations
- Multitasking improvements
- Improved animations
- New widget options
- Revamped Wallpaper page
- Settings changes
- Wi-Fi Developer menu
Samsung Galaxy S23 SM-S911W Specs
The Samsung Galaxy S23 comes with 6.1 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X touchscreen display having 120Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ along with 422 ppi density. It is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus 2.
S23 comes in Phantom Black, Cream, Green, Lavender, Graphite and Lime color options. When compared to it’s other buddies this one comes with an inferior 3900 mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery.
Prerequisites to install Android 13 On Galaxy S23 SM-S911W
Before proceeding with flashing please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone contents so that you can recover from a worst case scenario or data loss.
Steps to install Android 13 on Galaxy S23 SM-S911W
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your Galaxy S23, S21+ & S21 Ultra.
Enabling Developer Options to install Android 13 on S23
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone>Software Information, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional menu entry in the “Settings” menu called “Developer Options” as shown below.
Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (These are from One UI 2.5, if your UI version is something else slight difference maybe there).
Enabling OEM Unlocking
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. If you get a popup warning, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app.
Please download the Android 13 firmware corresponding to your phone using the below links;
- Download Android 13 For Galaxy S23: SM-S911W
Once you click the above link a samsungsfour.com page will open were you need to click again on your model number. Once clicked you will be redirected to a 3rd party firmware download page were you can download the desired version. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier if so, please unlock it first.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
4. Now download the Odin app from the below link;
When the download has finished please extract the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy S23 into the “Download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S23 SM-S911W device. Now switch it back on and when you see the “Samsung” logo on the screen press and hold “Volume Down + Volume Up” and connect your mobile with your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the warning message on your phone screen release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” key to enter into the “Download mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks similar to the screenshot below;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you download and install stock firmware select “CSC” file after you click the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Ignore the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
Flashing the firmware
7. Once everything is done as mentioned above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the manually download and installation process to get completed. Finally when the process is finished your Galaxy S23 SM-S911W will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app with a green background.
That’s all, hope you have successfully flashed the official OTA Android 13 firmware on your Galaxy S23 SM-S911W.
- Will Samsung Galaxy S23 get Android 13
- Android 13 Samsung s23
- Android 13 Samsung download
- Android 13 update download
- Android 13 new features
If you have faced any issues while trying to install / flash Android 13 on Samsung Galaxy S23 SM-S911W, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Install Android 13 On Galaxy S23 SM-S911U?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites.