Image Credits: Samsung Electronics. This tutorial will help you to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
The Galaxy S3 users are waiting for a very long time for the much awaited Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. But apart from some rumors and carrier based updates nothing really happened. So this is a treat from us for our beloved readers, the official Android 4.3 for Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3 users.
1. Samsung USB drivers, preinstalled on desktop/laptop
2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with computer and use Android SDK with it (Navigate to Menu-> Settings-> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and check USB Debugging Mode)
3. You have to create a backup of your device before doing any of these steps as it will permanently erase all the data on your device.
4. Please keep in mind that your Galaxy S3 should not be locked to any carrier and must have at least 85% of battery charge.
5. Please keep in mind that this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, any other device if performed with the below steps will result in bricking of the device permanently.
6. There is always a chance to void your warranty.
Steps to install Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
1. Please download all the required files from the below mentioned links and save it to your computer desktop.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 USB Drivers
- Download I9300XWUGML4_I9300ODDGML4_INU Android 4.3 Jelly Bean official firmware
- Download Odin v3.09
2. Now you need to “Power Off” your phone and have to boot your phone in “Download Mode“. In order enter your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 in “Download Mode” you need to press and hold “Vol Down+Home+Power” buttons until you see an Android logo with a warning screen. Now you have to press “Vol Up” button to enter in “Download Mode”.
3. Now connect your Galaxy S3 with your laptop/desktop computer and run the Odin v3.07 with “Admin” privileges.
4. If your device is properly connected then you will get a similar screen like the one shown below with a ID: COM box in blue color and an “Added” message in the Odin message box.
5. Extract the downloaded firmware file and you will get few number of files. Now click “PDA” button in Odin window and select “.tar” file.
6. Now click “Start” button, now it’s time to take a cup of coffee and relax as the rest of the process is automated and you don’t need to anything.
7. When the process is completed the phone will restart and you will get a “Pass” message with green background from the Odin.
8. Now disconnect the phone from your computer and enjoy the oven fresh Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
If your phone is stuck on the “Samsung Logo” during the reboot, simply switch it of and enter in to “Recovery Mode” by pressing “Home, Power and Volume Up buttons” together. Once you are in recovery mode, release the buttons and select “Wipe data/factory reset” and select “Wipe Cache Partition”(use “Power Button” to select the options and vol up and down to scroll). Once the process is completed reboot your Galaxy S3 by selecting “reboot system now” option. That’s it…
If “How to update Galaxy S3 I9300 with Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by clicking the below given buttons.