This tutorial is for those who are really disappointed by the Samsung’s decision to stop software support for their 2012 flagship phone Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. This is really a sad news for all those who are really diehard fans of this mighty phone (including me). But don’t worry as always we have come up with a solution. The reason Samsung is saying non support of S3 for Android Kitkat firmware is the lack of enough RAM. So the only solution now is installing a custom ROM which improves performance and optimize the RAM usage.
So here we are providing you the step by step tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 (CyanogenMod). This custom ROM is based on the Android Open Source Project of v4.4.4 KitKat OS.
Table Of Contents
- Steps To Install Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with CyanogenMod CM11 M9
These are the things you need to keep in mind before updating Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat CyanogenMod CM11 M9 custom ROM.
- Make sure that your device is the international Samsung Galaxy S3 edition which is I9300.
- Your device must be rooted and should have ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool installed. If not you can always do in now by following the below given links,
- Make sure that your device is at least charged to 80% of battery power.
- This process will erase the complete data on your Galaxy S3 I9300 so make a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos, files etc.
Flashing your Galaxy S3 I9300 with custom ROM will void your device warranty so proceed at your own risk (but you can always reinstate warranty by flashing it with any stock ROM). Please note that SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of any of the steps given below.
Once you are done with the above mentioned we can start with the flashing steps.
Steps To Install Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 (CyanogenMod)
1. Before starting with the steps please download the CyanogenMod CM11 M9 Android v4.4.4 KitKat firmware from here
2. Now connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded firmware to the SD card of your phone.
3. Once you have done with the copying disconnect the USB cable and switch off your device.
4. Now when your device is completely in the power down status switch it back on to “Recovery Mode” by pressing and holding “Home”+”Volume Up”+”Power” buttons. Release the “Power” button once you see the device model number on the screen to enter it in “Recovery Mode”. If you want a detailed tutorial to enter your Samsung Galaxy S3 in “Recovery Mode” please follow the below given link,
5. Now in the “Recovery Mode” perform complete erasing of phone data by selecting the “wipe data/factory reset” there. Then clear cache using “‘wipe cache partition” option and clear dalvik cache using the option ‘wipe dalvik cache’ from the “advanced” option.
Use “Vol UP” and “Down” buttons to navigate through the options and “Power” button to confirm.
6. Once you have done the above given steps the real process starts, the flashing of Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 (CyanogenMod). For that navigate back to the main menu of the “Recovery Mode”. There select the option “install zip from sd card”. In the next screen select “choose zip from sdcard” and select the Android 4.4.4 firmware file which you have copied to your sd card memory before. Use the “Power” button to confirm the selection.
7. Now the installation will start and will take some time to finish. Once finished go to the main of “Recovery Mode” and select “reboot system now” option there. Please note that the booting process after the installation will take around 5 min to complete. Once booted your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 will be updated with the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat CM11 M9 (CyanogenMod) firmware.
His guys congratulations…..enjoy your KitKat with a coffee and don’t forget to thank the guys at Cyanogenmod.org who really made this custom ROM for free.
If you have faced any issues while updating your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 with Android 4.4.4 KitKat? (Custom ROM CyanogenMod)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.