This tutorial is for those people (including me) who were eagerly waiting months for the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update on your Samsung Galaxy A7. Unfortunately, still this is not an official update but a CyanogenMod version of the before said. So lets start the show!
Before proceeding any further make sure that your Galaxy A7 is rooted with super user privileges. If not please do that by following the below given tutorials.
- How To Root All Samsung Galaxy Smartphones Without PC?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A700FD On KitKat 4.4.4?
So once confirmed with the root status, also please make sure that your Galaxy A7 is having the "USB debugging mode" enabled. If not please proceed with the below tutorials to enable USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy A7.
- How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Samsung Android 4.3 Phone
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (KitKat 4.4.2 or Higher)?
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (Lollipop 5.0 or Higher)?
Now we can go ahead with the steps to update your Galaxy A7 with CyanogenMod 13.0-20160307, Android Marshmallow 6.0. Before that make sure that your device is backed up fully because the process can erase complete data on your phone.
Kindly be aware that this method is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 A700FD.
Steps to update your Samsung Galaxy A7 with CyanogenMod 13.0-20160307, Android Marshmallow 6.0 firmware
1. First please download the CyanogenMod 13 and Google Apps from the below given links to your PC or laptop.
Once downloaded please transfer the files to your Galaxy A7 smartphone using USB data cable and disconnect the cable when finished copying.
3. Once you are in recovery mode main menu tap on “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Select the previously copied "cm-13.0-20160607-UNOFFICIAL-a7lte.zip" file and follow the onscreen instructions.
4. Once the flashing process is completed reboot the phone using the “reboot system now” option in the recovery mode main menu.
That's it you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy A7 A700FD with CyanogenMod 13.
If you have faced any issues while updating your Samsung Galaxy A7 to CyanogenMod 13, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How to Update Samsung Galaxy A7 with CM-13 Marshmallow 6.0 Firmware?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.