Please make sure that you have made a complete phone data backup before proceeding with update steps.
Steps To Update/Install Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge For AT&T With Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware Manually
1. To start with please download the appropriate firmware package from the below links and extract it to your PC desktop. Also please don’t forget to download Odin3-v3.11.1.zip. Kindly extract the Odin package also to your computer desktop.
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (Lollipop 5.0 or Higher)?
- How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Samsung Android 4.3 Phone
3. In the next step please enable “OEM unlock“. Please check the below article for detailed steps to enable OEM unlock.
4. Once the OEM unlock is enabled switch your phone off and enter it into “Download Mode“. To enter into download mode please press and hold the “Vol Down+Home+Power” buttons at the same time until you see a warning screen, now press volume up button to enter into the “Download Mode”.
Or else please try the below tutorials to get a better idea on entering into “Download Mode”.
- How To Enter and Exit Download Mode In Android Marshmallow Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Enter Samsung Galaxy S6 Into Download Mode?
5. Now open the Odin application on your PC and when still in download mode connect your S6/S6 Edge with a USB data cable to your computer. If you get an “Added” message then we can confirm a successful connection.
6. In the next step please click on the “AP” button in Odin and select the firmware file (tar.md5 file) you have already downloaded and extracted. Once done please click the start button in Odin and wait for the flashing procedure to get completed.
When the whole process is finished, your Galaxy S6/S6 Edge will reboot and the Android 7.0 Nougat will be installed on it…..Enjoy!
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6 (AT&T)?
- How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (AT&T)?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Lineage 14.1 (CyanogenMod) on Galaxy S3, please feel free to will post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Update Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge (AT&T) With Android 7.0 Nougat?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.