Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
In just couple of days after the all new Samsung Galaxy S8 has hit the stores, our favourite Chain Fire has came up with a rooting solution using the CF-Auto-Root method. So why wait, lets root it guys without any second thoughts.
Please note that this method is compatible on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950N, Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U and Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950W running on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware only.
Make sure that you have backed up your Galaxy S8 before proceeding with the steps below.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy S8 running on Android 7.0 Nougat firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. First please download the corresponding file from the below given link and extract it your PC desktop.
The below screenshot will give you an idea about the extracted contents.
2. Now enable the "USB debugging" on your Galaxy S8. To enable USB debugging please go to Settings->About device. Now find the "build number" and tap on it for more than 7 times. Now go back to your main "Settings" menu and you will find "Developer options" there. Now tap on it and enable "USB debugging". Also you may try the detailed steps given below.
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (Lollipop 5.0 or Higher)?
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Marshmallow 6.0.x Galaxy Smartphone?
3. In the next step please enable "OEM unlock". Please check the below article for detailed steps to enable OEM unlock.
5. Now go to the extracted files folder and open the Odin.exe file with admin privileges and connect your S8 using the USB data cable to your computer. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin software.
6. In the next step please click the "PDA/AP" button in the Odin application and select the file with the extension "tar.md5" which you have already extracted to your computer desktop. Once done kindly click the "Start" button located in the Odin application to start the rooting procedure on your Galaxy S8.
Your phone will restart automatically once the rooting process is finished and you will get a "Pass" message from Odin which can be taken as a confirmation of a successful root.
Unfortunately if the root was unsuccessful then please install/reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your phone and try again.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950N Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950U Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950W Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy S8 running on Nougat 7.0 firmware, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 On Nougat 7.0 Using CF-Auto-Root (All Models)?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.