Hi guys, if you can believe my words then you are going to earn something, complete root for your mighty yet freshly baked Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2 firmware. So lets get ready to tame this beast.
But, please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with the procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Firmware
1. To start with please download the files for rooting Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F from the below given link;
a. Auto Root Package For Galaxy S6 SM-G920F
2. Once downloaded extract it, check the below screenshot for confirming the file contents;
3. Now enable "USB debugging mode" on your Samsung Galaxy S6 from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (Lollipop 5.0 or Higher)?
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Samsung Galaxy S6 into "Download Mode", to enter switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will be entered into the "Download Mode". The below screenshot shows you the final download mode screen.
4. Now open Odin as administrator and connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F with your PC using the USB data cable. If you get an "Added" message from the Odin it confirms a successful connection. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file from your PC desktop.
Please make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click the "Start" button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed. When it's done your the device will be restared and it will attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm whether the procedure was successful or not from the "Pass" message on Odin….Now enjoy Galaxy S6 and spread the word.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F running Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Firmware, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F On Lollipop 5.0.2?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.