Today I am going to guide you through the whole process for rooting your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200. This method uses the Chainfire Autoroot method to root this device.
But, please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with the procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 Running On Lollipop 5.0.2
1. To start with, please download the necessary files for rooting Samsung Galaxy S6 from the below given links and extract it to your PC desktop;
2. Please check the below screenshot to confirm the file contents.
3. Now enable "USB debugging mode" on your Samsung Galaxy S6 from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging or you can try the dedicated tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (Lollipop 5.0 or Higher)?
4. Once it is enabled you need to enter your Galaxy S6 into "Download Mode", for that switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power" buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will be entered into the "Download Mode". The below screenshot shows you the final download mode screen.
4. Now run Odin as administrator and connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 with your PC using the USB data cable. An "Added" message from the Odin confirms the successful connection. Now click the "PDA or AP" button in the Odin and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file on your PC desktop.
Please make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once you are pretty confirmed with everything click the "Start" button on the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get finished. When it's done the S6 will reboot and it will attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm whether the procedure was successful or not from the "Pass" message in Odin and also using any root checker app which can be downloaded from the Play Store.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How to root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 running on Lollipop 5.0.2?
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G9200 On Lollipop 5.0.2?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.