Hi friends, today is a day to enjoy because another version of the Android Flagship from the Korean mobile phone giant Samsung Galaxy S5, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F running on Android KitKat 4.4.4 firmware is going to to get rooted. Within just few months after it's release chainfire has exploited the root and released the CF Auto Root for this monster phone.
As you all know this mighty device comes with a 5.1 Super AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display, Fingerprint sensor, Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 450 processor etc etc…
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty). SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with the procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%
If you are good to go we can proceed with the tutorial to root your favourite Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F running on Android KitKat 4.4.4 firmware
1. First things first, please download the necessary files for rooting Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F by clicking the below given link;
a. Auto Root Package For Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F
2. After finishing the download please extract it to your PC desktop so that it can be easily accessible, the below screenshot shows some what similar file contents;
3. Now we are going to enable some developer features on your S5 Plus, for that activate "USB debugging mode" on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Samsung Android 4.3 Phone (or up)?
How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (KitKat 4.4.2 or Higher)?
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F into "Download Mode". Once you enter into download mode the necessary files for rooting your device is flashed using Odin. To enter into download mode switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will be entered into the "Download Mode". The below screenshot shows an example of the final download mode screen.
4. Now open the Odin as administrator and connect your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F with your PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an an "Added" message from the Odin. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file from your PC desktop (which you have downloaded and extracted earlier).
Please make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. If everything is set as I said please click the "Start" button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed. When it's finished your device will reboot and it will attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm whether the procedure was successful or not from the "Pass" message showing in the Odin….If everything went as it is supposed to be then your Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F is rooted with root access.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F running on Android KitKat 4.4.4 firmware, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus SM-G901F on KitKat 4.4.4?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.