This tutorial will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy S4's younger brother, the Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini running on Android KitKat 4.4.2. If you still don't know the benefits of a rooted Android phone then I will explain it to you in very simple words. Without root your phone will be like a desktop without full admin rights, but once your root your device you will be granted all admin rights including root access of files.
But, please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini running on KitKat 4.4.2
1. Before starting with the steps download the necessary files for rooting Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini from the below given link;
2. Once downloaded extract it to see something like given below,
3. Now enable "USB debugging mode" on your Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Samsung Galaxy I9190 Galaxy S4 mini into "Download Mode", to enter switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will enter into the "Download Mode". Kindly check the below screen shot to confirm.
4. Now open Odin as admin and connect your Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini with your PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file on your PC desktop.
Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click the "Start" button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed. When it's completed your the S4 Mini will restart to attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm the root from the "Pass" message in the Odin….Believe me….I never wrote a simple tutorial like this before….
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung I9190 Galaxy S4 mini running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware , please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 On KitKat 4.4.2?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.