Hi guys, this tutorial will help you to root your mighty yet sleek Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 running on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop. Here we are using the Chain Fire Autoroot method along with the Odin to root your favourite Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
But, please note that rooting will void your warranty, however you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with the procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Running On Android Lollipop 5.0.1
1. To start with, please download the file for rooting S4 GT-I9500 from the below given link and save it on your PC desktop.
2. Once downloaded please extract it to your PC desktop. Once extatced you will get similar files as shown below.
To enter into download mode, press and hold "Volume Down”+ “Home” + “Power” buttons at the same until you see the below warning screen.
Once you have got the above screen, release all the buttons and click “Volume Up” button to confirm. That's it, now your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 will be in download mode. The below screenshot shows the final "Download Mode" screen of your device.
4. Now open the "Odin3-v3.07.exe" file with admin privilege and connect your Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 using the USB data cable to your computer.
4. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin message box, and the "ID: COM" box will show the COM port number indicating successful connection. (if you are not getting the added message try another USB port or install/ reinstall Samsung USB drivers)
5. Now in Odin window and click on "PDA or AP" button and select the "CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5 " file which you have already downloaded and extratced to your PC desktop. Please make sure that "Auto-Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" checkboxes are only checked in Odin before proceeding any further.
6. Now click "Start" in the "Odin" and wait for the rooting procedure to complete which will normally take few minutes and in the end your phone will be restarted. Once finished you will get a "Pass" message as shown in the below screenshot from Odin if the process was success.
That's it guys, you have successfully rooted your Galaxy S4. If you want to confirm the root please download and install the root checker app from Goolge Play Store.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 running on Lollipop 5.0.1, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 On 5.0.1 Lollipop?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.