Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
The chainfire group has already released the root exploit of our the freshly baked Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100 running on Android KitKat 4.4.4. Don’t lie, now you are really freaked out.
Table Of Contents
- A brief intro
- Steps to root Galaxy Note 4
A brief intro to Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100
Prerequisites & Warning
Please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with any of the steps below please make sure that you have made a backup of all your personal files on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100 and it is at least charged to 80% of battery power.
Steps To Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100 on Android KitKat 4.4.4
2. Once downloaded please extract it to your PC desktop. Please check the below image for the extracted content.
3. Now enable “USB debugging” on your Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100. To enable USB debugging go to Settings->More-> Developer Options. Alternately you can try the dedicated tutorial to enable USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone by following the below given link.
- How To Enable USB Debugging Mode On Samsung Android 4.3 Phone
- How To Enable USB Debugging On Galaxy Smartphone (KitKat 4.4.2 or Higher)?
4. Once you have enabled USB debugging mode switch of your device and enter it in “Download Mode“.When your Galaxy Note 4 is completely in power down status switch it back on by pressing and holding “Home“+”Power“+”Volume Down” buttons at the same. Release the buttons once you get the warning screen like in the screenshot given below.
3. Once you get the above screen press “Volume Up” button to confirm the action, now your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be in the “Download Mode“. You will be able to see a similar screen like the one shown in the screen print below.
4. Now run Odin as administrator and connect your Galaxy Note 4 with your PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” from the “Odin”.
5. Once you get the “Added” message from the “Odin” click “PDA” button and select the tar.md5 file you have downloaded and extracted earlier to your PC desktop.
6. Now confirm that nothing is checked except “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“. Once you are confident that everything is done as instructed click the “Start” button in the “Odin” and wait for the rooting procedure to get completed on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100.
7. When the process is completed your device will reboot and you also will get a “Pass” message from the “Odin“.
That’s it guys now your brand new monster phone is rooted with super user privileges.
If you have faced any issues while trying to root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100 running on Android KitKat 4.4.4, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9100 on KitKat 4.4.4?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.