King of it's times! In simple words. Most of you who are still owners of this old flagship has already tasted the sweetness of KitKat, but may not be able to root it. Don't worry, this tutorial will help you in detail about the rooting procedure for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon running on Android KitKat 4.4.2.
Please note that rooting will void your warranty, but you can always unroot it to reinstate warranty. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing the below given steps.
Before proceeding with procedure given here please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone memory including contacts, photos etc. Also the phone battery should be charged to a min of 80%.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon running on Android KitKat 4.4.2
1. Please download the necessary files for rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from the below given link;
2. Now extract the downloaded files and you will something like given below;
3. Now enable "USB debugging mode" on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging. Alternately you can try the detailed tutorial given below for enabling USB debugging mode on your device.
4. Once it is done you have to enter your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon into "Download Mode", to enter switch off your device and press and hold "Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time until you get the warning screen like the one given below.
Now please click "Volume Up" button to confirm and you will enter into the "Download Mode". Kindly check the below screen shot to confirm.
4. Now open Odin as admin and connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon with your PC using the USB cable. Once connected you will get "Added" message from the Odin. Now click the "PDA" button and select the extracted ".tar.md5" file from your PC desktop.
Also make sure that “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are only check marked in the Odin.
5. Once confirmed click "Start" button in the Odin and wait for the rooting procedure to be completed. When it's finished your device will restart to attain superuser privileges.
You can confirm the root success by the "Pass" message from the Odin….Woow great! You have done it….
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 Verizon running on Android KitKat 4.4.2 firmware , please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 on KitKat 4.4.2 (Verizon) ?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.