Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
The Galaxy A7 2016 edition is a much improved version of the original one released in 2015, both aesthetically and hardware vice. However there is a slight sacrifice in the device thickness though.
We don't have any doubt about it's performance whatever be the changes done by Samsung in the latest version, but today we are only going to guide you through a detailed tutorial to root this beautiful phone using the CF Autoroot method.
This method is compatible on all variants of A7 2016 like Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710S, Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710M, Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710L, Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710K and Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware.
Please don't forget to back up all your contacts and device data before beginning the rooting. Also make sure that you have charged your phone to 80% of it's full capacity.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. First please download the correct root file corresponding to your device from the below links;
Download To Root Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710S Using CF Autoroot
Download To Root Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710M Using CF Autoroot
Download To Root Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710L Using CF Autoroot
Download To Root Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710K Using CF Autoroot
Download To Root Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F Using CF Autoroot
The files will be zip archived with two main files in it, the Odin and the root file. So after download please extract it so that you will get files like the one given in the screenshot below.
2. In the next step, you need to enable the following from the settings menu;
- Developer options (if not enabled already please tap on the "build number" 7 times under "About device" from settings menu)
- USB debugging mode (from developer options)
- OEM unlock (also from developer options)
Click on "OEM unlocking" and you will get a popup warning as shown below, tap enable now.
The detailed steps to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on Galaxy Smartphones are given below, methods are almost same on Nougat firmware.
3. After "OEM Unlock" is enabled, please switch off your Galaxy A7 and enter it into the "Download mode". To enter into "Download Mode" please press and hold the "Power"+"Vol Down"+"Home" buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press "Vol Up" button to enter into the "Download mode".
Kindly check the below "Download mode" tutorial for Marshmallow firmware whch is similar to Nougat.
4. Now you need to run the "Odin.exe" (from the extracted files) file as administrator and have to connect your Galaxy A7 using the USB data cable to your PC. The connection can be confirmed by an "Added" message in the "Odin" application. If you didn't get an "Added" message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your device and try again.
5. This is the final stage were you need to click the "AP" button in the Odin app, then you need to select the "tar.md5" root file which you have already downloaded and extracted to your computer.
Once done click"Start" button in the Odin app to start the rooting. Your device may reboot during the course. And once booted up you are good to go, a confirmation from the "Odin" app will give you a "Pass" message.
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don't worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710S Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710M Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710L Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710K Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 SM-A710F Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy A7 2016 running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Samsung Galaxy A7 (2016) On Android Nougat 7.0? All Models" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.