Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
After the success of the “S Series” smartphones, Samsung has came up with a lot of similar ones in the Galaxy main category, however not much of them were a success as it was with the latter. However the Galaxy “A” series is very much different from it, better performance at budget price, in simple words.
However today we are going to talk about the second generation Galaxy A3, the Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 edition. Not much into specs and all those stuffs but will definitely help with rooting this all-rounder though.
The better thing about this tutorial is that it will help you in rooting all most all variants of the Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 edition like Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F, Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310M, Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310N0 and Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310Y running on the latest Android Nougat 7.0 firmware.
Please don’t forget to back up all your contacts and device data before beginning the rooting. Also make sure that you have charged your phone to 80% of it’s full capacity.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. In order to start the rooting process we need the necessary files, so first please download the appropriate file for your device from the below given links;
- Download To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F Using CF Autoroot
- Download To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310M Using CF Autoroot
- Download To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310N0 Using CF Autoroot
- Download To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310Y Using CF Autoroot
The files will be zip archived with two main files in it, the Odin and the root file. So after download please extract it so that you will get files like the one given in the screenshot below.
2. In the next step, you need to enable the following;
- Developer options (if not enabled already please tap on the “build number” 7 times under “About device” from settings menu)
- USB debugging (from developer options)
- OEM unlock (also from developer options)
Click on “OEM unlocking” and you will get a popup warning as shown below, tap enable now.
The detailed steps to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on Galaxy Smartphones are given below, methods are almost same on Nougat firmware also.
Entering Download Mode
3. After “OEM Unlock” is enabled, please switch off your Galaxy A3 and enter it into the “Download mode”. To enter into “Download Mode” please press and hold the “Power”+”Vol Down”+”Home” buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press “Vol Up” button to enter into the “Download mode“.
Kindly check the below “Download mode” tutorial for Marshmallow firmware.
4. Now you need to run the “Odin.exe” (from the extracted files) file as administrator and have to connect your Galaxy A3 using the USB data cable to your computer. If the connection was successful you will get an “Added” message from “Odin” application. If you didn’t get an “Added” message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your device and try again.
5. Now please click the “AP” button in the Odin app and select the “tar.md5” root file which you have already downloaded and extracted to your computer.
Once done click”Start” button in the Odin app to start the rooting. Your device may reboot during the course. And once booted up you are good to go, a confirmation from the “Odin” app will give you a “Pass” message.
Sometimes bad things can happen, so if you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after this procedure please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don’t worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310F Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310M Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310N0 Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) SM-A310Y Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don’t worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy A3 2016 running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016) On Android Nougat 7.0? All Models” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.