The Samsung Galaxy Note9 is a wonderful phablet from the worlds largest Smartphone manufacturer with amazing specs. It comes with a 6.4 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display having Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top of it, 8 GB RAM, 512 GB internal storage, 12 MP dual camera and Octa Core processor. I love to continue with the specs but our objective here is to root this mighty phone using the CF Autoroot method. So lets dive into the details right now.
On the contrary if you would like to have a look at the Galaxy Note9 secret codes please find it below;
Please note that this method is compatible only on Galaxy Note9 SM-N960W, Galaxy Note9 SM-N960F, Galaxy Note9 SM-N960N, Galaxy Note9 SM-N960U and Galaxy Note9 SM-N960U1 running on Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware.
Please note that you need to take a backup of your complete files on your phone memory, just a precaution for worst case scenario. Also please keep in mind that the rooting will void your warranty. SamsungSFour.com is not liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial.
CF Autoroot rooting method have common procedure for all the devices but if you are unfamiliar, please find the main steps in a nutshell below.
In concise the rooting procedure consists of only 5 main steps;
- Making backup of your phone memory to an external storage
- Enabling OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Downloading the root files
- Entering into the download mode
- Starting the rooting procedure with the Odin application on your desktop computer.
It looks like now you have an idea on the rooting procedures. So lets proceed with the rooting steps in the order listed above.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy Note9 running on Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware using CF AutoRoot
1. In the first step please identify your phone’s model number and download the correct file using the links given below (please report broken download links using the comment option at the end of this tutorial).
- Downloads To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960W
- Downloads To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960F
- Downloads To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960N
- Downloads To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960U
- Downloads To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960U1
2. You may download the file to your PC desktop for easy access. Once downloaded please unzip it. You can check the below screenshot to confirm the unzipped contents.
3. Now enable ‘USB debugging mode” on your Galaxy Note9. Please follow the below tutorial for detailed steps.
4. Once USB debugging is enabled on your phone please enable the OEM unlock. You can refer the below tutorial to get an idea on enabling the OEM unlock.
5. Once done please switch of your phone and enter it into “Download mode“.
You may also try the below given download mode tutorials for detailed instruction on entering into the download mode.
Once done please install the Samsung USB drivers for your phone. Please find the drivers from the below given link.
6. Now open the “image” folder (from the earlier downloaded files) and you will see a file named “image.tar.md5” like shown in the screenshot below.
7. In the next step go back to the main folder and you will see contents like in the below screenshot.
8. Once you are in the main folder please open the “tools” folder and run the “Odin.exe” file from there.
Now you have to double click the “.exe” file which will open a window similar to the one shown below. Once done connect your phone using the USB data cable to your PC. If the connection was successful you will get an added message in the “Odin” app.
Now click the “AP” button in the Odin app and select the “image.tar.md5” file you have found in the “image” folder (mentioned in step no: 6). When done please click the “Start” button in the Odin to start the rooting process.
The rest of the rooting procedures will be completed on autopilot so you just relax. When the process is finished your device will restart and you will get the “Pass” message from the Odin window. You may confirm the root using any root checker app from playstore.
That’s it guys, please don’t forget to like/share in the social networking sites if this tutorial was helpful.
Normal Issues And Solutions After Rooting your Note9
- How To Resolve Android Boot Loop On All Samsung Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Resolve Not Able To Enter Recovery Mode On Galaxy Smartphone When In Bootloop?
- How To Resolve “not registered on network” Error on Galaxy Smartphone?
- How To Remove FRP Lock On Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone?
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960W Running On 8.1.0 Oreo Using CF AutoRoot?
- How To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960F Running On 8.1.0 Oreo Using CF AutoRoot?
- How To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960N Running On 8.1.0 Oreo Using CF AutoRoot?
- How To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960U Running On 8.1.0 Oreo Using CF AutoRoot?
- How To Root Galaxy Note9 SM-N960U1 Running On 8.1.0 Oreo Using CF AutoRoot?
If you have faced any issues while trying to root your Samsung Galaxy Note9 (All Models) running on Android 8.1.0 Oreo, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Galaxy Note9 On Android 8.1.0 Oreo Using CF Autoroot Method? (All Models)” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.