Before proceeding further to the rooting steps let me give you a brief idea about this wonderful phone.
The Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y comes with 6.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, 4 GB RAM, 16 MP Camera, Octa core processor etc. It also has a fingerprint sensor which enhances the overall security of the phone and also the easiness of unlocking your Smartphone.
Further if you would like to have a look at the Galaxy J8 secret codes please find it below;
Please note that this method is compatible only on Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y running on Android 8.0 Oreo firmware.
If you were looking for Galaxy J8 other variants then please checkout the below tutorials;
- How To Root Galaxy J8 SM-J810F On Oreo 8.0 Using CF Autoroot Method?
- How To Root Galaxy J8 SM-J810G On Oreo 8.0 Using CF Autoroot Method?
- How To Root Galaxy J8 SM-J810M On Oreo 8.0 Using CF Autoroot Method?
Please note that you need to take a backup of your complete files on your phone memory, just a precaution for worst case scenario. Also please keep in mind that the rooting will void your warranty. SamsungSFour.com is not liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial.
CF Autoroot rooting method have common procedure for all the devices but if you are unfamiliar, please find the main steps in a nutshell below.
In concise the rooting procedure consists of only 5 main steps;
- Making backup of your phone memory to an external storage
- Enabling OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Downloading the root files
- Entering into the download mode
- Starting the rooting procedure with the Odin application on your desktop computer.
It looks like now you have an idea on the rooting procedures. So lets proceed with the rooting steps in the order listed above.
Steps To Root Samsung Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y running on Android 8.0 Oreo firmware using CF AutoRoot
1. In the first step please download the file from below given link (please report broken links using the comment form).
2. You may download the file to your computer desktop for easy access. Once downloaded please unzip it. You can check the below screenshot to confirm the extracted contents.
3. Now enable ‘USB debugging mode” on your Galaxy J8. Please follow the below tutorial for detailed steps.
4. Once USB debugging is enabled on your phone please enable the “OEM unlock”. The below tutorial will give you an idea on the before said in a detailed way.
5. Once done please power off your phone and enter it into “Download mode“.
Once done please install the Samsung USB drivers for your phone. Please find the drivers from the below given link. If you didn’t install the proper Samsung USB drivers there is always a chance that your phone may remain undecteted in Odin.
6. Now open the “image” folder (from the earlier downloaded files) and you will see a file named “image.tar.md5” like shown in the screenshot below.
7. In the next step go back to the main folder and you will see contents like in the below screenshot.
8. Once you are in the main folder please open the “tools” folder and run the “Odin.exe” file from there.
Now you have to double click the “odin.exe” (or similar one) file which will open a window like the one shown in the image below. Once done connect your phone using the USB data cable to your PC. If the connection was successful you will get an added message in the “Odin” app.
When you have confirmed that all things are done as mentioned above please click the “AP” button in the Odin app and select the “image.tar.md5” file you have found in the “image” folder (mentioned in step no: 6). Now click the “Start” button in the Odin to initate the rooting process.
The rest of the rooting process are all automated so just sit back and relax. When it’s done your Galaxy J8 will reboot and it will be rooted with super user capabilities. You may confirm the root by the “Pass” message from the Odin app and also using any root checker app which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
That’s it guys, please don’t forget to like/share in the social networking sites if this tutorial was helpful.
Normal Issues And Solutions After Rooting your Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y
- How To Resolve Android Boot Loop On All Samsung Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Resolve Not Able To Enter Recovery Mode On Galaxy Smartphone When In Bootloop?
- How To Resolve “not registered on network” Error on Galaxy Smartphone?
- How To Remove FRP Lock On Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphone?
- How To Resolve “Verification Failed, Unable to restart your device” Error On Galaxy Smartphone?
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y Running On Android 8.0 Oreo Using CF AutoRoot?
If you have faced any issues while trying to root your Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y running on Android 8.0 Oreo, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Galaxy J8 SM-J810Y On Oreo 8.0 Using CF Autoroot Method?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.