Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
The Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime is a "slim beauty" but with very powerful hardware inside. Rather than briefing about it's strong hardware we will be focusing on rooting this beasty today.
What is rooting on Android/Galaxy Smartphones?
Rooting is a procedure to uplift the user so that he will have complete admin/super user privileges on his Android Smartphone. It will enable him to have access to the system root folders, and install certain applications which will not be possible before without these elevated privileges. You can even delete the core systems files if you have root access.
So this tutorial will provide you a complete rooting guide for J7 prime, but kindly keep in mind that this method is compatible only on Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T1 and Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T (T-Mobile) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware. Please don't try this on any other version of J7 Prime as it may result in bricking the device.
Please don't forget to back up all your contacts and device data before beginning the rooting. Also make sure that you have charged your phone to 80% of it's full capacity.
Steps to root Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T1 and Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T (T-Mobile) running on Android Nougat 7.0 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. Please select the correct root file from the below links and download it to your computer desktop for ease of access.
Downloads To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T1
Downloads To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T (T-Mobile)
The files will be zip archived with two main files in it, the Odin and the root file. So after downloading please extract it so that you will get files like the one given in the screenshot below.
2. In the next step, you need to enable the following from the "Settings" menu;
- Developer options (if not enabled already please tap on the "build number" 7 times under "About device" from settings menu)
- USB debugging mode (from developer options)
- OEM unlock (also from developer options, for some devices with Marshmallow firmware and up you also need to perform and OEM unlock to root the phone)
Click on "OEM unlocking" and you will get a popup warning as shown below, now tap to enable. If you didn't find OEM unlocking option please skip the step and proceed with the remaining.
A more detailed steps to enable both the USB debugging and OEM unlocking on Galaxy Smartphones are given below, methods are almost same on Nougat firmware.
3. Once "OEM Unlock" is enabled, please switch off your J7 Prime 2017 and enter it into the "Download mode". To enter into "Download Mode" please press and hold the "Power"+"Vol Down"+"Home" buttons until you get a warning screen. Once you get the warning screen please release all the buttons and press "Vol Up" button to enter into the "Download mode".
In Marshmallow and above, there is a procedure needed to exit from the "Download Mode", so it's better to follow the detailed tutorial given below.
4. Now in this step you need to run the "Odin.exe" (from the extracted files) file with admin privileges and have to connect your Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 using the USB data cable to your PC. You will get an "Added" message when done and if you didn't get an "Added" message please reinstall the Samsung USB drivers for your phone and try to reconnect.
5. In this steps please click the "AP" button in the Odin app and select the "tar.md5" root file which you have already downloaded and extracted to your PC desktop. Now click the "Start" button in the Odin app to start the rooting process. Your J7 Prime will reboot during the course which is quite normal, and once booted up you are good to go, a "Pass" message from the odin app can be taken as a success confirmation.
If you are thrown into an endless android bootloop after rooting please resolve it by following the below given tutorial. Don't worry because boot loop is a glitch in android firmware which can be resolved easily.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T1 Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T (T-Mobile) Running On Android 7.0 Nougat Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don't worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T1 and Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 SM-J727T (T-Mobile) running on Android Nougat 7.0, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Root Galaxy J7 Prime 2017 On Android Nougat 7.0?" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.