Image Credit: Samsung Electronics
Samsung Galaxy J5 comes with a 5.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, a compact version of it’s counterpart, 1.5GB RAM, 13MP camera and 2600 mAh removable Li-Ion battery. But today rather than going into it’s detailed specs lets root this beauty.
Please note that this method is compatible on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F, Samsung Galaxy J5 3G Duos SM-J500H, Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M, Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510K, Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510L and Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 4G SM-J510S running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
Make sure that you have backed up your phone memory before proceeding with any of the steps below to prepare for the worst case scenario.
Steps to root Samsung Galaxy J5 running on Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware using the CF-Auto-Root method
1. To start with please download the correct file for your phone from the below given links and extract it to your PC desktop.
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy J5 SM-J500F
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy J5 3G Duos SM-J500H
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy J5 SM-J500M
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510K
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510L
- Downloads For Rooting Galaxy J5 2016 4G SM-J510S
5. Once done please click the “PDA/AP” button in the Odin window and select the “tar.md5” file that you have extracted on your PC desktop before. Now to start the rooting process please click the “Start” button in the Odin software.
When the rooting process goes on your Galaxy J5 will restart which is quite normal and when the process is completed you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin application.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- Root Samsung Galaxy J5 3G Duos SM-J500H Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method.
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method?
- Root Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510L, SM-J510S & SM-J510K Running On Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Using The CF-Auto-Root Method.
Please note that rooting will void your warranty (don’t worry you can always reinstate warranty by unrooting it), so kindly proceed at your own risk. SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of executing any of the steps given above.
If you have faced any issues while rooting your Galaxy J5 running on Marshmallow 6.0.1, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast I can.
If “How To Root Galaxy J5 On Marshmallow 6.0.1 Using CF-Auto-Root Method?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.