Hi folks, this tutorial will detail how to root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime On Marshmallow 6.0.1 SM-G532G and SM-G532M using CF the Autoroot Method.
The Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime which comes in 5.0 inches PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen display is a budget phone with decent performance. It comes with the a Quad-core 1.4 GHz processor, 1.5 GB RAM, 8 MP rear CAM and 8GB internal storage.
Okay, lets not drift away from our main objective here, which is rooting our Galaxy J2 Prime. So as mentioned, in this tutorial we will help you to root two of it’s variants (Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M and SM-G532G) running on the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware.
Some general tips on rooting
However before proceeding with the root steps let me explain in brief what is rooting and what are the benefits you will get after rooting your phone. Rooting is nothing but “unlocking” your operating system so you that can install unapproved apps, deleted unwanted bloatware, overclock (or underclock) the processor, customize in large and so on or simply helping you to install some apps which you will not be able to install without root.
Once rooted you will get superuser privileges on your phone, same like the administrator account on your Windows PC. Apart from this you will be able to install popular root required appss like Titanium Backup, AdAway, Quick Boot (Reboot, System App Remover, DiskDigger, SuperSU, Greenify etc etc…
Kindly note that this method is compatible only on Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M and Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532G running on Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware.
Please note that you need to take a backup of your complete files on your phone memory, just a precaution for worst case scenario. Also please keep in mind that the rooting will void your warranty. SamsungSFour.com is not liable for any damage caused as a result of this tutorial.
All the Chain Fire Autoroot procedures are same, no matter on what devices it’s performed. However we will try to conclude it in 5 main steps as given below.
Main 5 steps of rooting using this method
- Making backup of your phone memory to an external storage
- Enabling OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Downloading the root files
- Entering into the download mode
- Starting the rooting procedure with the Odin application on your desktop computer.
Let me hope that you have got an idea on the CF Autoroot rooting procedures. So lets proceed with the steps in the order listed above.
Steps To Root Galaxy J2 Prime (SM-G532M & SM-G532G) on Marshmallow 6.0.1 (CF AutoRoot)
1. You need couple of files for rooting so lets starts with the downloading first. You can download the files from the below given link (please do a favour by reporting broken links. For that you can post a comment using the commenting system at the end of this article).
2. Once downloaded please extract it to your computer desktop. You can check the below screenshot to have an idea on the extracted contents.
3. In the next step you need to enable ‘USB debugging mode” on your phone. Navigate to Settings menu to enable the USB debugging or please follow the below tutorial to enable it.
4. Once done please enable the OEM unlock. The below tutorial will help you to enable it.
5. Once done please switch of your phone and enter it into the “Download mode“. Download mode is a special mode in Android Smartphones used to flash new firmwares or recovery images into it. To enter into download mode press and hold the“Vol Down”+”Home”+”Power” buttons at the same time until you see the warning screen. When you get the warning screen please press “Vol up” to continue and enter into the download mode.
You may also try the below given download mode tutorials for detailed instruction on entering into the download mode.
- How To Enter and Exit Download Mode In Android Marshmallow Galaxy Smartphones?
- How To Enter Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Into Download Mode?
In the next step you need to install the necessary Samsung USB drivers for your phone and install it from the link given below. If the drivers are not installed properly the Odin may not detect your device in the future steps.
Please use the below links for downloading the USB drivers. Once you click the link you will be guided to a new page with device list where you will be able to download the driver corresponding to your device.
- Download the Samsung USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M
- Download the Samsung USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532G
6. Now open the “image” folder (from the earlier downloaded files) and you will see a file named “image.tar.md5” like shown in the screen print given below.
7. In the next step go back to the main folder and you will see contents like in the below screenshot.
8. Once you are in the main folder please open the “tools” folder and run the “Odin.exe” file from there.
Now you need to run the Odin application. For that please double click “Odin.exe” file. Once done you will get a screen similar to one shown below.
In the next steps please connect your phone using the USB data cable to your computer. If the connection was successful you will get an added message in the “Odin” app (if not please reinstall the USB drivers).
Once done click the “AP/PDA” button in the Odin application and select the “image.tar.md5” file in the “image” folder (mentioned in step no: 6). When done please click the “Start” button in the Odin app to begin the root process.
After you click the “Start” button your phone will reboot after some time which is perfectly normal. Now once successfully rebooted your device will be rooted with super user privileges.
Please don’t forget to like/share in the social networking sites if this tutorial was helpful for you.
Normal queries root Galaxy J2 Prime On Marshmallow 6.0.1
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M On Marshmallow 6.0.1 Using CF AutoRoot method?
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532G On Marshmallow 6.0.1 Using CF AutoRoot method?
If you have faced any issues while trying to root your Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M and SM-G532G running on Marshmallow 6.0.1, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Root Galaxy J2 Prime On Marshmallow 6.0.1 (SM-G532G, SM-G532M) Using CF Autoroot Method?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.