As you all know the mighty Samsung Galaxy S10 comes factory packed with a lot of goodies, however the latest Android 10 firmware made it even more exciting to use. Features like Smart Reply in all messaging apps, Focus mode, Live Caption, New parental controls, Edge-to-edge gestures, Google’s new feature which sends updates straight to your phone via playstore and 5G compatibility had made Android 10 the favourite Android OS till date.
Now as you already know today we are going ahead with the S10 series only, and the compatible models are Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F, Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973U, Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973W, Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G9730, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975F, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975U1, Samsung Galaxy S10+ SM-G975W, Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F, Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970U, Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970W, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977B, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977U and Samsung Galaxy S10 5G SM-G977N.
So lets proceed with the steps.
However before proceeding please make sure that you have made a complete backup of your phone storage so that you can recover from a worst case scenario.
Steps To Install Android 10 On Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ Or S10e Using Odin
1. First you need to download and install the Samsung USB drivers. You can do that it from the below link;
2. Now we need to enable the developer options, USB debugging and perform the OEM unlock on your S10.
To enable “Developer Options” on your Galaxy Smartphone goto Settings>About phone, and tap on the “Build number” 10 times until you get a message that you are a “developer.”. Now you will see an additional settings in the settings menu called “Developer Options“. Once you have enabled the “Developer Options” tap on it and you will see a similar screen as shown below (please note that all the images given below are just for reference, the actual S10 One UI may be different).
Now tap on “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” to enable it. You will get a popup warning as shown below, tap enable if you would like to proceed.
3. Once done you need to download the firmware files and the Odin app from the below links.
Please download the files corresponds to your device from the below links;
- Download Android 10 For Samsung Galaxy S10: SM-G973F, SM-G973U, SM-G973W, SM-G9730, SM-G973U1
- Download Android 10 For Samsung Galaxy S10+: SM-G975F, SM-G975U, SM-G975U1, SM-G975W
- Download Android 10 For Samsung Galaxy S10e: SM-G970F, SM-G970U, SM-G970U1, SM-G970W
- Download Android 10 For Samsug Galaxy S10 5G: SM-G977B, SM-G977U, SM-G977N
You may need to login/create a free account to download the files from the 3rd party website. Also make sure that your phones bootloader is not locked by any carrier, if so please unlock it first before proceeding with the firmware installation.
Once downloaded please extract it and you will get similar files like given below;
When the download has finished please extrat the file to your PC desktop and open the “Odin..xxx.exe” file.
5. In the next step you need to enter your Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e into the “download mode“.
For that first you need to switch of your Galaxy S10 device. Now in the power down status press and hold the “Vol Down” and “Bixby” buttons, while holding all the buttons connect your phone to your PC using a USB data cable.
Now when you get the above warning message on your phone screen press “Vol Up” button to enter your Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e into the “Download Mode“.
6. Now go back to your Odin window which looks like the below screenshot;
In the next step select the extracted firmware files (done in step-3) corresponding to each buttons in the odin app. For example click on button “CP” and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “CP“. Same way click on “AP” and and select the extracted firmware file which starts with “AP“. Similarly, add BL file in the BL button.
If you want to factory reset while you install stock firmware select the file which starts with “CSC” file for the CSC button, otherwise, load the “HOME_CSC” instead.
Make sure F.Reset.Time and Auto Reboot option are the only ones checked in the Odin’s “Options” tab.
Skip the last button on Odin which is “UMS” or “USERDATA“.
7. Once everything is done as said above, click the “Start” button in the Odin app and wait for the flashing process to get finished. Finally when the process is done your Galaxy S10, S10+ or S10e will reboot and you will get a “Pass” message from the Odin app.
That’s it friends, you have successfully installed Android 10 on your Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Smartphone.
Normal queries for this tutorial
- How To Manually Install Official Android 10 On Galaxy S10?
- Manually Install Android 10 On Galaxy S10 Plus.
- How To Manually Install Android 10 On Galaxy S10e?
- Manually Flash Android 10 On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e.
- How To Manually Install Android 10 On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e using Odin?
- Manually Install Android 10 On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e.
- How To Manually Update Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e With Android 10 Firmware?
If you have faced any issues while trying to install Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e or S10 Plus, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don’t worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If “How To Manually Update Official Android 10 On Galaxy S10, S10+ & S10e?” tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.