Image Credits: Samsung Electronics
As you all know Samsung Galaxy J5 released last year within a budget price along with it's counterparts the J3 and J7. The intention of Samsung was to reinstate its dominance in the developing countries where the cheap Chinese made phones are challenging it's path to glory. However they are able to make some success with these wonderful phones which comes in decent specs like 5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display, Quad-core 1.2 GHz processor, 13MP camera etc. Oh man! stop! we are not here for the specs, but for updating this beauty manually with the official Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware in very easy steps, so lets do it.
This method is compatible on Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510S, Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500Y, Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510K, Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510L, Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F, Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H and Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M.
Before proceeding further please make sure that your device is backed up with all the phone data including contacts, image files, video etc.. Also make sure that it is charged at least to 80% of battery power and the Samsung USB drivers for your Galaxy J5 is installed on your PC.
Please note that SamsungSFour.Com will not be liable for any damage caused as a result of the below given tutorial, kindly proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware
1. To start with please download the necessary files for updating your Galaxy J5 from the below given links. Once downloaded please extract it to your computer desktop.
2. Now you need to enter your Galaxy J5 into "Download Mode". To enter into "Download Mode" first switch off your phone and press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons at the same time. Release the buttons when you get the warning message. Now press Volume Up button to confirm. Now you will see the green Android Bot with "Downloading" message.
Alternately if you want a more detailed tutorial to enter your Galaxy smartphone into "Download Mode" please follow the below given.
3. Now run the "Odin.exe" file as "Administrator" (right click the exe file to do it) and connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. If the connection was successful you will get an "Added" message from the Odin window.
4. Once done click the "PDA/AP" button in the "Odin" and select the "tar.md5" file which you already extracted to your computer desktop.
5. Now click "Start" button in the "Odin" application and wait for the flashing process to get completed.
6. Once the flashing process is finished your Galaxy J5 will reboot and once restarted the Marshmallow 6.0.1 firmware will be installed on it if everything went right. You can confirm it by going to Settings->About device.
Now enjoy the treat because Marshmallow 6.0.1 comes with improved battery life and notable performance improvement.
Normal Queries For This Tutorial
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510S To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500Y To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510K To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510L To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500F To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500H To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
- How To Manually Update Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500M To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware?
Most common issue right after the update you may be facing will be the Android Boot Loop, to resolve it please follow the below given tutorial and carefully do the steps,
If you have faced any issues while trying to update your Samsung Galaxy J5 with the latest Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 official firmware, please feel free to post it in the comment section below, don't worry I will help you as fast as I can.
If "How To Manually Update Galaxy J5 To Official Marshmallow 6.0.1 Firmware? (All Models)" tutorial really helped you, please give a like/share on social networking websites by using the below given buttons.